Thread: Private number plate info...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Private number plate info...

I bought my car with a private plate on it. and, as it means nothing to me i was thinking about selling it. so my questions are -

I have asked a few sites for quotes on how much they think it's worth, and for them to advertise it, the most i found was £600, now, how much will it cost me to put my car back on it's normal plates?
    is it worth me selling this as it could take them ages to find a buyer and i am looking for a new car?
    i don't really understand anything about this sort of thing, or what processes i will need to do. so any info will be useful info for me.

Thanks in advance

Rhys
    *Irmscher Astra G Hatch,
    *2.2L 16v(Z22SE)
    *154.0BHP, 151.3 lbs ft torque...
    ...For now...

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    call up the DVLA or go to your local office and they will give a price to take it off im sure its not that much....but as you said it might take ages to sell...i would keep it and put it on private sales or even ebay then if you get the price you are looking for then bobs ur uncle..but i think it takes 3weeks to take it off...so just state that if you do go for this way....

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    its 80 to transfer it or 100 to reatin it, i think dvla will buy the plate from you though
    BLACK BEAUTY

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    with the DVLA it`s £105 to put your private reg number on to a retention document which will last for 12months and they will give you another plate for your car it is £25 to change the name and address details if you sell it to someone else, don`t think the DVLA will buy your private plate off you think you will need to go to a private dealer or private sale

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Private reg companies notoriously over-estimate the value on private plates, remembr they will also charge commission on the sale.

If you go onto the DVLA;s website you can download the V317 retention form. You can now retain the plate for 1,2 or 3 years at a cost of £105 for the first year and an additional £25 there after when on rention.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah i am not sure it's worth it is it? unless anyone on here wants it! hehe i think i will just sell it on with the car. i can't see J16 LEL being that popular!
    *Irmscher Astra G Hatch,
    *2.2L 16v(Z22SE)
    *154.0BHP, 151.3 lbs ft torque...
    ...For now...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Bog standard 250 quid plate tbh. That's what the dvla would charge for it including transfer fee.
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    If the reg you are putting on it has been on it before then it will be free to go back, as long as its had it on before you can always go back for free.