Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Interior Door Handle Illumination

Hi All,

I was fitting my new front speakers at the weekend, and whilst I was moving the wiring loom out the way (the one that feeds through door grommet, through door skin grommet and up to feed leccy window controls, tweeter and power mirrors) to fit the crossover box i noticed that there was a plug taped up towards the top of it (around the height of the door handle).

Now this would be made much more simple if I could show you the pics I took of it, but having just locked myself out of my photobucket account (DOH!) I'll have to describe for now and post pics later.

Now this plug only had 2 wires to it, and the plug was present on driver and passenger sides. It looks very like a lighting plug given the wiring size and plug type.

Further more, when I removed the doorcards I noticed that there is a sort of blanking plate above the door handles, which slides in and out. I saw this from the inner side of the panel, to the top of the handle cavity.

The unidentified wiring plug seems as though it would reach to the door handle, which got me thinking - is there such a thing as interior door handle illumination on the H (mines SRi Sporthatch). If so has anyone got a part number for the bulb assembly??

I'm assuming there is a bulb assembly and its just a matter of switching it for the blanking plate and plugging in the mystery plug??

Or am I well of the mark....................??

Cheers
    Mark

Status
    User
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes - there is such a thing but finding the right part numbers has proven difficult. I know of one person who's just stuck in LED's themselves though.

I'll see what I can find for you

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    This what your after?
    2003 Sapphire Black 3Dr DTi Astra
    Custom Irmscher kit, Interior Leather/Alcantara retrim & Alpine/Focal Install
    Install progress (----------)

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That seems like the job, exceptionally helpful and speedy as ever. Thanks very much!! I'll let u know how I get on.

Mark

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi
    Did you ever have any luck with this? I want to fit the lights into my astravan
    I never knew astra h's had them until a mate brought a astra h Elite.
    Thanks
    Lee