Thread: So angry with myself!...

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So angry with myself!...

My friends got one of those ridiculous warrior things with the big metal bumper bars. I was reversing out of a space next to him and swung the front end out too early and along with a distraction over my right shoulder managed to catch the front left of my car on it

On inspection under mobile phone light:
    -Front bumper big scuff: respray
    -Big dent in wing, paint scuffed off along with other small dent due to my rage with my right hand. (Red mist- it was either that or the girlfriend Lol): repair, respray
    -Headlight scuffed, possibly cracked: Possible new headlight.
    -Headlight out of position, possibly sheared bolt, bent bracket: repairs

Looking back it was so easy to avoid but just small things like this make me dig deep into the wallet..

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    show us a pic m8
    sorri 2 here it though

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Too dark for a pic outside, im hopeing that it will look better in the daylight.
    il take a pic and post it on here.
    Im also going to go get a quote on how much a repair job will be

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if all else fails mate u could always re-attach ur bumper like my ingenious method

seriously tho if u need owt u know where i am

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Haha, i would if it was hanging off mate.
    On closer inspection in daylight the front bumper scuff will polish out until its un-noticable, i believe a headlight mounting is broken somewhere because it is isnt attached to anything at the bottom, the wing is in need of repair and respray
    So hopefully not going to be TOO costly!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    and im waiting for you to say the warror hasnt even got a mark on it
    Rolling in a: 57 Astra 1.7 SRi CDTi with X-Pack in Black (135K Miles).
    61 Corsa 1.4 SRi With X-pack in Silver

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Shouldnt be too bad, scratches in headlight should wet sand and polish out, brackets can be replaced, I think they do repair kits on ebay, new wing from scrap yard can be picked up for £30 or something like that depending on condition, its easy done and dont get worked up about it.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Things like this are easily done mate, don't fret too much. You could have it all repaired for about £50 dependant on the scrap yard prices, replacement wing (maybe even in the same colour) should be about £20 and a headlight, should be no more than £30. just watch you dont round out the torx scews on the bumper, as they are a bugger otherwise. Worth an investment in a quality torx bit
    Probably the ONLY Astra Mk3 sitting on Corsa D SXI rims!
    And Now a Diesel on Discs all round!

http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=162503

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Turboshed your a curse! I rounded out a torx screw in my bumper Lol!

Just been outside for the past 4 hours or so dismatling and trying to repair (bodge) bits where i can.
    -The bottom lug on the headlight had snapped but was still in one piece so set my dad away repairing that to keep him busy. I think its safe to say it has been massively over-engineered and would probably go through any sort of punishment now without breaking
    -The paint on the wing polished out until it was barely noticable and the dint was pushed out from the inside of the wing using a rubber handle on a screw driver. Not the best but still cheap and ok until i come into money for proper repairs.

So the car is on my drive with all electrical plug covered with plastic, the hole where the headlight should be covered with a bin bag, pulled right up to within an inch of my garage and the bumper in my garage to be fitted in daylight tomorow.

All in all it shouldnt cost me too much to get it back to normal i just massively over reacted and panicked i think! Lol..
    Oh well, live and learn.

p.s. (piperm) worst part was the bloody warrior hasnt got a mark on it! Not even a scratch, horrible diesel eating thing..

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tenstar5 View Post
    Turboshed your a curse! I rounded out a torx screw in my bumper Lol!

Just been outside for the past 4 hours or so dismatling and trying to repair (bodge) bits where i can.
    -The bottom lug on the headlight had snapped but was still in one piece so set my dad away repairing that to keep him busy. I think its safe to say it has been massively over-engineered and would probably go through any sort of punishment now without breaking
    -The paint on the wing polished out until it was barely noticable and the dint was pushed out from the inside of the wing using a rubber handle on a screw driver. Not the best but still cheap and ok until i come into money for proper repairs.

So the car is on my drive with all electrical plug covered with plastic, the hole where the headlight should be covered with a bin bag, pulled right up to within an inch of my garage and the bumper in my garage to be fitted in daylight tomorow.

All in all it shouldnt cost me too much to get it back to normal i just massively over reacted and panicked i think! Lol..
    Oh well, live and learn.

p.s. (piperm) worst part was the bloody warrior hasnt got a mark on it! Not even a scratch, horrible diesel eating thing..
    I only know about that from experience mate, had the same happen on Toms1989's bumper while trying to get the headlights out, oh and diesel burners are not all that bad
    Probably the ONLY Astra Mk3 sitting on Corsa D SXI rims!
    And Now a Diesel on Discs all round!

http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=162503

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast