Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Help Needed Plasma Dials ASAP

Guys,

Have just installed my Plasma Dials (Innoparts) and have done the wiring correctly.
    They light up fine BUT i have only attatched 1 of the plugs and there is a high pitched sound coming from the unit...

Just wanted to find out whats gone wrong....Could it be its not grounded well enough or what and why the other plug is not needed.

Everytime i plug the second plug in the unit goes too dim to see anything.

Need to know asap as need to put the unit back in for work tomorrow, you probably wouldnt even notice the sounds when its all back together and the CD player is going anyway.

The sound is only there when the lights are on and goes it you put the dimmer right down to the bottom....if its left halfway it turns to more of a buzzing sound.
    Check out my Diary ---> http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=157266
    Coupe making a comeback....NOV 2009

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Follow Glacious On Twitter Add Glacious on Facebook
    This noise is normal I am afraid mate had them in my old coupe and its the little transformer pack that changes the power for the dials that makes the noise and there isnt anything you can do about it once you have engine running you really shouldnt be able to hear it at all.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    it been a while since i fitted the ones in my old car but im sure mine came with an on/off switch and a dial for the intensity of glow but i may be wrong that if you switch it off and put dial to max it glows high without the buzzing? or may be other way round. or totally talking out my backside lol im not insulting your intelligence but have you tried playing around with it switching neg and pos around or the switches if u got em?