Thread: van seats

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

van seats

right ive just bought a amazing interior for my van,it already has rear bench fitted and the sear belts are bolted to the side of the van on proper brackets,but i want to put the astra rear seats in what do i need part wise and what works involved,im a mechanic so the work dosnt bother me cheers niall

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i got the proper seat conversion for mine £60 off ebay , but you could go scrappers and get the brackets out of a estate,be bit of welding involved

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by t2myd View Post
    i got the proper seat conversion for mine £60 off ebay , but you could go scrappers and get the brackets out of a estate,be bit of welding involved

sorted i have a raer bench fitted but i want proper seats.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As the previous posted has said you would probably need a donor estate vehicle to do it as you'd need to remove the brackets and have them welded into place as they won't be present on the van.

Once all that is done your insurers may insist that your vehicle checked over by VOSA to make sure the seats are safe (the existing seat conversion is likely to be insurance approved).

If you are running a business and buy a van with rear seats (or windows), or at a later date fit rear seats (or windows) then you can encounter problems if you are VAT registered and have claimed VAT back on the vehicle as for VAT purposes the vehicle becomes a car.
    1999 - Astra Club 1.6 8V Auto & 2006 - Combo 1.3 CDTi