Thread: new car half way through policy :s

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

new car half way through policy :s

Just rang my insurers (Directline) to get a quote on a 1.7 CDTi SRi Corsa C 04 plate, I'm currently insured with them on my 1.6 16v SXi Astra G,
    But they have turned around and said "sorry sir, we cannot insure you on this vehicle until you're 19" :O ermm why... ok it's a turbo... A DIESEL turbo. it's not quicker than my car!
    so my question is. will any insurance company let me take out a policy with them for say...6 months and stilll let me gain a years no claims bonus, or take over the policy I have with direct line (6months in) and let me insure a new car ?

Or have I got to sit here and windge about not been able to get a new car?
    Thanks
    Adam
    OPCOM Stoke / Stafford | reset EML lights | fault codes | program keys | activate cruise control |
    PM me!

Status
    Supporting Trader
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi Adam,

You will not find a Insurer that is able to take on another policy they would need you to complete a 12 month policy to get the full years NCB. It might be worth talking to Directline again and asking them to reassess the situation.

Dan.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers Dan I wanted ring them back today but didn't have time, I may ask how much money they have to give me back if I cancel the policy (surely half? as thats all i've used) and take one out with admiral's 10month speed policy as then i've only lost 4 months worth of no claims if you know what I mean. =/ don't know if I can afford a car and insirance at the same time though =/ will phone them tomorrow I think, just couldn't believe loads of company would insure me and directline wouldn't even though i've been with them a year and half and never had an accident =/
    OPCOM Stoke / Stafford | reset EML lights | fault codes | program keys | activate cruise control |
    PM me!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    an sxi is a lower insurance bracket than the sri so the corsa would cost you more anyway even if it was a 1.4 petrol sri. im with churchill and i had a corsa b and manages to change my policy to an astra 1.8 sri. churchill are normally good although you would have 0 no claims. im paying £600 per year with courtesy car and legal protection and i only have 3 years named driver no claims. imo direct line are virtually the same as churchill so they should be able to transfer it, just depends on who your talking to at the time lol

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    will they give any back? you signed a contract sayin you would pay for that amount of time, they can just refuse it im sure. If not they will charge you silly amount of admin fee to sort it meaning you end up with very little that way instead
    Vectra GSi SeatsHella Headlights
    17" alloysPiper 3" rolled exhaust
    GSi Bumper & skirts
    Dropped on Coilovers

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fourteenhundred View Post
    will they give any back? you signed a contract sayin you would pay for that amount of time, they can just refuse it im sure. If not they will charge you silly amount of admin fee to sort it meaning you end up with very little that way instead
    hmm possibly but I remember reading something in the policy that said I would be refunded all of it less what I had used monthly less admin, so in theory I should get about 5 months back... don't think it's worth canceling to be honest I can't afford both, so unless they can manage to give me insurance on it I'm stuck with the disAstra
    PM me!

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    insurance companys are all sh1t. cant see why they wont insure you, at 18 i had fully comp insurance on a mg zs 180. modified 2.5 v6 to 205 bhp and had no problems getting it, and it didnt cost the earth. infact is was only £100 dearer than my bog standard rover 216 i also had at the time.
    Astra T9 estate for sale, see my ebay link!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by afcbadam View Post
    insurance companys are all sh1t. cant see why they wont insure you, at 18 i had fully comp insurance on a mg zs 180. modified 2.5 v6 to 205 bhp and had no problems getting it, and it didnt cost the earth. infact is was only £100 dearer than my bog standard rover 216 i also had at the time.
    exactly every other company will, just not the one I'm with :/

Quote Originally Posted by benhavenhand19 View Post
    an sxi is a lower insurance bracket than the sri so the corsa would cost you more anyway even if it was a 1.4 petrol sri. im with churchill and i had a corsa b and manages to change my policy to an astra 1.8 sri. churchill are normally good although you would have 0 no claims. im paying £600 per year with courtesy car and legal protection and i only have 3 years named driver no claims. imo direct line are virtually the same as churchill so they should be able to transfer it, just depends on who your talking to at the time lol
    And also if I'm correct both cars are insurance group 6 :/ that sucks even more
    PM me!

Status
    Supporting Trader
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by willeywilson View Post
    Cheers Dan I wanted ring them back today but didn't have time, I may ask how much money they have to give me back if I cancel the policy (surely half? as thats all i've used) and take one out with admiral's 10month speed policy as then i've only lost 4 months worth of no claims if you know what I mean. =/ don't know if I can afford a car and insirance at the same time though =/ will phone them tomorrow I think, just couldn't believe loads of company would insure me and directline wouldn't even though i've been with them a year and half and never had an accident =/
    Hi,

It will state in your Terms and Conditions the refund procedure and what you would be entitled to.
    It also depends on how you paid was it in full or Direct Debit?

Be careful with going on the 10 month Bonus Accelarator as a lot of the Insurers will not accept them as they are not a full years NCB.

Dan.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers mate, looks like I'm waiting now anyway haha, birthdays in feb so not too long. and I double checked it I would get everything I was owed, to the day, minus 20quid admin.
    Dan I'll give ya team a tinkle in April see what fluxy can do for me
    PM me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast