Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter

Show us your... Kitchen!!

A bit of a random thread, especially at just-gone-midnight, but Clare & I have decided that having a new baby and getting married in 2009 wasn't enough. We're going to redo our kitchen in time for Christmas

I had a measure up this morning, and I've practically bought a load of base units on fleabay (auction ends tomorrow), so we're just looking at doors, worktops, floor, and wall tiles.. not much really

So what have others got? If you could be so kind as to post a piccy up of your kitchen that'd be great, purely to see what sort of colours people have and what goes well with different flooring/walls etc.

Much obliged in advance
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    LOL, it doesn't matter how much anything costs, think about how the doors, work tops, wall tiles and flooring will go together. As a general rule of thumb make the doors and worktops contrasting with the tiles and floor mid colours to tie them together. Small things like handles make a big difference, also having the doors on the cupborads opening the same way or symatrically. I find that anything other than a square sink/drainer looks good, try E-Bay for sink/tap bargains, make it a feature.
    Tell me what you've done, not what you're going to!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I Will get a picture up when I get home if i can remember too. its not my design but my Mum's, but it is nice, bright and airy could say. I think she bought the kitchen from Howdens, which is quite good on price too!
    Disclaimer - some of the above text may actually be sarcasm (believe it or not!)

Astra 02, SRi 1.8i - Irmscher'd up (a bit) with Zebra front bumper

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Heres mine, Im the envy of all my mates. My barbie dolls are so lucky Ken loves them more then the other girls in the neighbourhood

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    being honest with the prices these days somwhere like howdens do superb kitchens as cheap with all the trimmings than you'd get the base units. dont forget youll need to match the hinge holes on the doors with the location on the units, and also doors differ in size on manufaturer.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    There's a company in Lincoln called 'Dream doors' (or something similair) and all they do is doors for replacing your old ones (which you don't have but I doubt thats a problem)

Never used them but might be worth an enquiry!
    2006 Astra VXR on 19's in Arden Blue
    ExhaustsUK Catback, Eibach Sportlines, DS Ultima, Roose hose kit, Forge recirculating dump valve, Full self modded SMD conversion

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
    There's a company in Lincoln called 'Dream doors' (or something similair) and all they do is doors for replacing your old ones (which you don't have but I doubt thats a problem)

Never used them but might be worth an enquiry!

they would match the holes etc but youd probably find its cheaper to buy the full unit with a door than just their door.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a few piccies from bone stock, to added stuff

Wish this would help

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    Cost's not really an issue - if need be with a background in construction before becoming a PT, I can build from scratch - hence buying 2nd hand units and refurbishing them.

I LOVE the pics above, I'm so tempted it's untrue!
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mz-Dust View Post

Heres mine, Im the envy of all my mates. My barbie dolls are so lucky Ken loves them more then the other girls in the neighbourhood
    Vxr turbo with 360 bearing and twin oils seals & Evoms dv. Cdti airbox 63mm tophat.Milltex cat back and pre cat.. Regal 245 leh phase 1 ipf remap.Whiteline rarb.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast