Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anybody have a kenwood kvt 627 dvd fitted in there car?

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question anybody have a kenwood kvt 627 dvd fitted in there car?

as anybody got a kenwood kvt 627 dvd fitting in there car and had any problems with it?
    i have sum with mine but not sure if there common with the unit or fixable

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Someone might be able to help if you post what the problems are.
    2003 Sapphire Black 3Dr DTi Astra
    Custom Irmscher kit, Interior Leather/Alcantara retrim & Alpine/Focal Install
    Install progress (----------)

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    oppps my bad.

well when its all fitted and pluged up in the car im getting these problems listed bellow.

1) - most of the time when i turn it on and get disconeced cable displyed on the screen. if i move the video disply cable on the hide away box then it works.

2) - sometimes the picture and sound go or u get one or the other or only half sound out of the car. moveing the disply cable again fixes this even though there are seprate leads for the sound on the other lead that enters the ideaway unit.

3) - sometimes the touch screen controls or the screen tend 2 work but moveing both leads on the both sumtimes fixes it and other times the reset button does it.

4) - sumtimes it just powers its self off but then rite back on again and will drain my battery in around half hour if im watching it without the enigne on.

it was bought at uplands and fitted 2 a golf mrk 2 then i was told it was removed buy them as well.
    then i had same company fit it into mine
    i know theres no trouble with speaker wireing as when i plug my alpine into the car every speaker wrks fine.
    and is it possible 2 use both headunits togher?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Sounds like you have a dodgy connection on the video display cable.
    As it was professionally fitted you should have a warranty on the fitting at least, so might be an idea to get in touch with the company who fitted it.

As for the battery dieing on you, this is more likely to be your battery is on it's last legs & may need replaced. How old is your battery?

You should be able to use both units. Provided the Alpine is Ai-NET compatible you can connect the front pre-out on the Kenwood hideaway box to the Alpine via a KCA-121B Aux input lead.
    You will then use the Alpine for CD & radio listening, to listen to DVD's, etc. you would select the Aux input on the Alpine & control volume for everything through the Alpine.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ive been back there 3 times with it and they have checked the entre wireing trough
    so shld the video lead be carring sound 2?
    it has a seprate harness that has all the power leads 4 the box and headunit init and also the goes off 2 the iso plug and has all the speaker wire init 2.
    so it cld just be a case of a duff or shorting video lead and replaceing it will fix al the problems?
    would i benafit from running 2 headunits and what would the pros and cons of it be?
    well its a astra cdti battery and only had it on the car since march.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    or would the data lead be repairable because last one i saw was 90 quid on ebay used.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Right, managed to find a copy of the install instructions online.
    There is a multipin connector that runs between the screen & the hideaway box. This will have audio, video & control cables in it & is the only link between the screen & the hideaway brain, so any problems with connections could cause any number of different faults.
    The problem might be the cable, or the connectors on either the headunit or hide away box. Try moving the plugs about one at a time, to see if the faults come & go.
    You may even need to try another cable, just to eliminate it.

I would seriously doubt that the cable would be repairable, as the connectors are usually moulded on to the cables.

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Southwestastra will you please stop posting multiple threads on the same problem, you have already asked about this. If you must ask again just bump your old thread
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    it allways seems 2 come back 2 life but miss bits when i move the plug at the hideaway unit end of the box.
    could it be the plug or presure put on the box n damaged sum joints it there cuz of the weight on the cable n it moveing with the car

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    bit confused why the data cable between the box and screen would have audio cables in it to.
    as the other cable that goes to the hidaway box has the speaker wires init and that goes to the iso block and then braches off into a small loom and then into the back of the headunit.
    so thats all it could be is a faulty lead then?
    or cld it be a defect in the hideaway unit?.
    when they fitted it 1st i wasnt happy at were they put the hideaway unit as they stuffed it behind the passenger airbag and jammed it up there realy hard and then gaffa tapped it up there.
    i got them 2 move it and its know fixed onto the top shelf in the glove box like the cd changer would be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast