Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question Isuzu 1.7TD Engine number location

Hi there,

Just got my hands on an Astra (P Plate) with the Isuzu 1.7TD Engine. Although the waterpump is wrecked and needs replaced. The parts shop need the engine number and i can't find it... Help... Where is it located?

Thanks....

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Info I have says the "engine number and engine code are embossed onto the cylinder block on the flange of the injection pump".

I'll try to send you a diagram by email...

Cheers, Paul

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I don't know what year a "p" plate is... i only know that on the engine of my opel astra F (mk3 91-98 ) the engine number is at the front. The type of engine is indeed embossed in the cast iron. TC4EE1 for 17turbo isuzu, 4EE1 for non turbo.. and TC4EC1 15TD and 4EC1 for 15D.

The serial number what you are probably looking for is at the front. The flange where the transmission is mounted on..on the fron..there is a nice flat piece...clean that up..you'll probably find the number there (anyway on all my isuzu's it was there)...so behind the alternator/powersteering pump...go straight to the tranny....and note the flat piece in the flange(at about a 45degree angle)..... not easy to explain..but i hope it is clear. You will have to look beside the intercooler pipe...that makes the area not easily accesable.
    The numbers are not embossed...they are striked in numbers.

The waterpumps can be difficult. The 1.7D models i've encountered so far (the old modells) all the same model pump matched...but i once had an 15TD model...brrr.... the one model pump had the correct bolt pattern on the flange..but the pump rotor touched the engine, the model pump i had from the 17TD engine did have the correct rotor but not the right model bolt battern(2 bolts dit not line up). In dispear i went to opel.....the guy said....let it be on the engine..these pums don't break down often and....then he said honestly...they where disasters to order...he was afraid to get stuck with the wrong model pumps:s..idiot... when you even can't get the right pump at the dealer....with engine nr,chassis nr etc....i finally modified the pump with the right rotor...sawed out the 2 bolts and mounted it with washers...worked fine! Already for many years and miles. (15TD engine from old corsa A 1992 now in opel corsa B combo 70Hp)..some modifications needed...but that's another story.

good luck!