Thread: mk4 astra 1.7td ls 1999 not starting right

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question mk4 astra 1.7td ls 1999 not starting right

mk4 astra 1.7td ls 1999 isn't starting right hey people when starting it takes ages to start, have replaced glow plugs and relay,changed fuel filter,air filter, took it vauxhall and fault reader said glow plug circuit fault but no engine maangement light comes on at all? the glow plug dash light only comes on in the morniing.also the the diesel doesnt seem to be coming through the filter on crank over? saying all this when its going it runs fine although a bit lack of power in 2nd. any help would be great because i'm a bit stumped been told its the gm enigine. cranks over about 6-20 times times and when it starts a cloud of smoke comes out the back which i believe is unburnt fuel?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    did this just start happening out of the blue or has something happened to it ?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have the same problem with mine but just never had time to try and sort it yet. Mine is a 2.0 di though. Ive also heard it could be the fuel spill pipes that perish and let air in. Ive checked mine and they seem ok. Also heard it could be injector seals. Ive also changed the glowplug relay. I could do with chaning the plugs them selves and failing that, the injector seals.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i havn't done the pipes yet but i've been told today that it might be air getting in somewhere.will have a look at injector seals