Just bought myself a 52 plate astra SRi 1800cc but it came with grey bump strips on the doors and grey door handles and skirts.
I was gonna have a go at some DIY painting but am a bit nervous since I like my new car lol, so thought it would be best to get some advice before tackling it.
From what I believe, I should:
Thing is though, there are a few problems with this that i need help on.
- Remove the bump strips
- Sand them down
- Prime them with a few layers of primer
- Paint them with a few layers of Prestige Blue
- Spray on a few coats of laquer
- Re-fit them when dry
Any help, advice or tips when doing this sort of thing is very welcome.
- I need to know literally how to remove the bump strips (are they glued on, clipped on, bolted on etc.)
- I need to know what grade of sand paper I need to do it all and when to use the different grades for what.
- I also need to know how many layers of primer, paint, laquer I need roughly
- How to fit them back on, but i guess this might become obvious when i find out how theyre fitted.
Thanks a lot, Kev