Thread: What sort of MPG do people get?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What sort of MPG do people get?

As the most her computer tells me is 27.3 to the gallon and the wife isnt a fast driver. The tank takes £60 worth of fuel and returns 300 miles at best, i have a Mitsubishi Evo that gives me better miles per gallon as i get 260miles from £40 in that.

Does this sound about normal for a small bus or do other people return half decent economy? It might be worth mentioning that its had a remap in its time and feels lumpy arround the 3k rev mark. I'm thinking that maybe its a cheap ebay map thats been installed? Could there be another reason or is this normal.

Darren

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My Zaf A 1.6 LPG gets me around the 28-29 mpg mark on the motorway and about 22-23 mpg round town, stopping at lots of lights. This is on LPG and the trip avg I'm getting back on my Scangauge. Overall I budget on 200-250 miles from a full tank of gas, which'll set me back £20, now that its crept up to 52p/ltr.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    my 1.8 coupe is a legend giving me 350 - 400 miles a tank
    BLACK BEAUTY

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Should of said that i'm more looking at what the ZAF GSI results come back as

Darren

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i would say thats about right mate i worked out my old 1.8 zaf was doing 30mpg managed to get 34(book fig) out of it once on my commute but my daily drive is about 1-2miles on town roads then its dual carriage way and morotway so the ideal sort of roads,

things that make a difference is having a service and the lambda sensors liek my bmw at the moment it has no lambdas attached so its getting 25.9 (admitadly im not driving it slow or lightly pulling off etc) were i reckon with them on and a service i would be looking at gettting 28 maybe a push more
    Heading back to the world of AOC

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    im on 22.1mpg in my astra vxr just gone 200miles and have 70left on the range.
    Astra VXR - Arden Blue, Diamond cut 19's, Cruise Control, Debaged, Folding Mirrors, CD70 NAVI and CID + Aux-In, Factory Bluetooth, Piano Black Interior Trim, Full Milltek Unresonated Exhaust

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    in my gsi bus on the motorway i get 34ish mpg doing 80mph and thats with a k&n, powerpipe, dumpvalve and cat back miltec exhaust (not saying they make a great deal of difference) dont really know how many miles i do to a tank though
    Drives a Arden blue zafi gsi

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by milly-gsi View Post
    in my gsi bus on the motorway i get 34ish mpg doing 80mph and thats with a k&n, powerpipe, dumpvalve and cat back miltec exhaust (not saying they make a great deal of difference) dont really know how many miles i do to a tank though
    So you get 7MPG more than we do in the same type of vehicle and at the same speeds. I'm interested to see what others get in there Zaf GSI's.

What fuel do people use on theres too? I just fill it up on the bog standard 95ron but might think about filling up with Tesco 99 and see if that makes a difference.

Darren

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yea i get around 270 300 miles to £55. which im happy wiv me work van the same engine but diesel tuned to the eyeballs i get 350 400 miles to £40
    I dont care what women say
    SIZE MATTERS
    Especially when you have a Big ARDEN

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i get 30mpg regularly and on a run can get it up to 35mpg and if i'm very good and sit at 50 i've had it over 40mpg

i use super unleaded and the car has the following mods. full exhaust from turbo back, panel filter with airbox mods and a remap.

dont get me wrong its been down as low as 22mpg depending on how it's driven
    no comment

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast