Thread: 1.4 16v problems

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

1.4 16v problems

Ive got an astra mk4 with Z14XE in it. management light is on, codes for both o2 sensors and code for purge valve. changed all 3 and no difference. changed the ECU and no difference.

Aswell as that sometimes when i put the clutch down the car revs up like mad then drops back to normal, seems to only do this when it feels like it. ive changed throttle body and egr valve and no difference again.

Anyone any ideas on what i can try and do to fix it??? startin to get F****d off with it now!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sorry for the dumb question, but did you take it to the garage? Seems like you spent a lot of money already

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    havent taken it to a garage as such no. i work at a dismantlers so got all parts for nothing and a pal of mine at garage round the corner has got the code reader so that dint cost either. forgot to mention all that lol

Status
    Moderator Friend
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    what exactlys wrong with the car, does it stutter? if it does have you looked at the maf sensor? as for the revving does it over rev all the time? could be a sticky throttle
    MK5 1.7 CDTI OWNER AND AN ESTABLISHED MEMBER OF THE DARK SIDE!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    would say it stutters at times yeah. it seems to be lacking power and a bit hesitant at times aswell other times it seems fine. Z14xe doesnt have an air flow meter its an air temp sensor. it doesnt over rev all the time its only sometimes when i drop the clutch to change gear etc

Status
    Moderator Friend
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    i had the same problem in my mk4 now i think about it, never found the problem so got shot lol, my bad with the a.t.s

when was it last serviced?
    MK5 1.7 CDTI OWNER AND AN ESTABLISHED MEMBER OF THE DARK SIDE!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds similiar to my problems a bit hesitant and then it starting spluttering and had a gradual loss in power, until the car would just about idle, but as sson as i touch the accelerator it cuts out!

Its prob either the EGR valve or the idle control valve, im about to change the idle control valve on mine tomoz, its bin off the road a week! getting pretty fed up now! lol

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Got serviced bout 6 weeks ago, they had a look to try n suss out the problem then n didnt av a clue what cud b causing it! Carnt see it been egr or idle cont valve/throttle body coz i replaced them off cars that were runnin fine and didnt make a difference!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    have you checked the vaccume pipe going to the map sensor mainfold absoutle pressure sensor, bolted to the bulkhead. check there isnt a perished pipe or a leak.

could also check all the pipes while your there, one on the fuel regulator on them can get split, had one on mine awhile ago, cut the end off and pushed it on the pipe job done.

Status
    Soft Top VTEC :)
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    The revs picking up is perfectly normal mate

Its due to the fact its on a fly by wire throttle body, all electronic, and there is a slight delay in throttle response. so if you are late taking your foot off the accel pedal and dip he clutch the throttle body will still be open, but only slightly, just enough to make the revs jump up, try taking your foot off the accel pedal earler, by about half a second, and it will stop it
    FULL Black Leather Heated coupe interior for sale! £200!!!
    Click Here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast