Thread: really *issed off

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

really *issed off

Took my wheels off my car to give them a good 3-4 coats of chemicalguys wheel sealant. Buffing off one of the wheels i see that I have a hole in my clearcoat

dont know how this has happend, i waxed my wheels every 2-3 week as this is what i didnt want to happen to them

anyway I dont know if this is the right section for this but what can I use to patch this backup ? and will wheelsealnt keep it from rusting in the meantime ?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mike666 View Post
    Took my wheels off my car to give them a good 3-4 coats of chemicalguys wheel sealant. Buffing off one of the wheels i see that I have a hole in my clearcoat

dont know how this has happend, i waxed my wheels every 2-3 week as this is what i didnt want to happen to them

anyway I dont know if this is the right section for this but what can I use to patch this backup ? and will wheelsealnt keep it from rusting in the meantime ?
    sorry carnt answer you Q about what will patch it up. apart from take it to some where that refub wheel's.

but the secoud q i always have used a nice strong wax. collinte 916 on my wheeels. and it's kept every wheeel's iv had spot on

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Could be a stone chip, wax etc won't protect against those.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If theres no way to patch it i might just have to spray them a random coulor that goes well with my car, not paying for a refub.

I was using AutoGylm HD wax. found it alot better than RimWax i got with the wheels. guess it wasnt up to it though

and up close it person it doesnt look like a chip, just somthing not chip-ish about it lol

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    was thinkin that myself, stone chip that bud not anything wax is gonna protect
    No longer GSi power
    Dirty Derv Decked Vec is the way forward for me!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    owells anyone know if the Wheelsealant will keep it from rusting or someway to patch it ?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    to me it looks lyk the laquer is comin off happens on mine i jus got a brush on laquer n gone over it stops more laquer coming off n long run.bt wnt get rid of the line of the mark.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    If it's got a clear coat, I'm sure you can get a touch up pen to cover it up so it's protected, might not look great though.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Orite niceone will get some of that ASAP did You rub it down with really fine wet and dry or anything first or just brush it right on ?

not to botherd if it leaves asmall ring mark where it was, long as it doesnt peal more and start to go rusty

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if thats a polished face that would be corrosion mate its very common in poilshed wheels. i would touch it in asap
    Arden Blue GSI And You Know Its The Best Colour To Have

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast