Thread: cobra sport precat+sports cat...

anothadave

cobra sport precat+sports cat...

ive been on the look out for an astra turbo coupe precat decat and sports cat and ive come across these guys. the sports cat section seems a very reasonable price. has anyone else bought one of these before and can comment on the quality? ive emailed them about a possible price deal on the precat+sports cat together and whether they would be interested in a group buy if theyve not already had one on here.

sports cat section
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

precat decat
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ASTRA-TURBO-GS...item518d900c52

their non ebay website..... (prices seem a bit higher than ebay for some reason)

http://www.exhaustsuk.co.uk/onlinesh...atTitle=Direct Fit&subCat=79&subCatTitle=Vauxhall+Astra+Turbo&lev el=3

from the pictures their precat section looks to be of very good quality compared to some ive seen.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    user 'bereet' on here bought one and i fitted it for him, well tried to. the fit was miles out and was knocking on the subframe at the back of the engine, in the end he had to drive to there premises and they made a new one for his car
    2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Check Control, Speed Locking

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    peoples opinions on the company vary, some are happy, some are not.

i was goign to get my exhaust from them, but as their not far from me, they assured me it would fit perfectly so i would be able to 'visit' them if it didnt.

im going elsewhere now for my exhaust, custom build and fit jobbie rather than mail order.
    Engaged in crime I grasp my throat
    Enraged my mind starts to smoke
    Enforce a mental overload
    Angry again, angry again, angry again
    And again and again, again

anothadave
    thanks... im in two minds now... the local guys i used to go to for custom exhausts have shut up shop, so now i have to resort to mail order.. most are £400+ though. seems these ones are cheaper for a reason lol.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vauxtillidie View Post
    user 'bereet' on here bought one and i fitted it for him, well tried to. the fit was miles out and was knocking on the subframe at the back of the engine, in the end he had to drive to there premises and they made a new one for his car
    same as, its still not right due to the one they fitted corroded and the flexi split so they sent me parts by courier and fitment is utter crap!!!

anothadave
    doesnt sound good at all....think im gona look into that blueflame group buy if its still going. about same price...

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've had to resort to driving 2 hours up the M1 to Sheffield tomorrow. Mine was a mail order (cat back) and it fit perfectly. But now the flange fitting to the cat has bent round and so ti now blows. They are fixing it tomorrow and im getting one of their sport cats fitted by them at the same time. Then ill have the full turbo back system and hopefully won't have to touch it again!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Make sure you get the mandrel bent one as the other type restricts the flow

Have a look under the car while your there to check your happy with it, even tho i did that it still caused me problems and i live near windsor so driving there was a long journey which i really dont wanna do again, used loads of petrol too