Thread: roof and boot won'topen.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

roof and boot won'topen.

Hi, i have a 2001 astra convertible. The problem is driving me mad. Riverside vauxhall in bedford have had the car about 5 times and can't find the problem. When i get in the car it beeps ( after starting the car, there are a series of beeps. Sounds like the car is going to blow up..lol). Nothing happens when i press the button to open the roof. The boot will only open when i use the key. My boyfriend took the boot lock to bits and had a fidldle. he put it back together and it worked.... well not for long.. about a week. Its broken again and i am so frustrated i cant remember what it feels like to have the wind blowing in my hair.
    Please help...Or sorry if you have heard this sooooooo many times before, but it seems to be a common problem.
    Thank you

Status
    South Central RO
    Mentioned in
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    use the search function as there is quite a few threads started about that problem

search :- roof problems

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi

Where to start..............

Firstly the problem has been, as you say, very common with this mark of Astra convertible for the past couple of years. The problem is with the Roof Control Unit - ECU -. It also controls the boot central locking and the heated rear window and air con (I think). All you need to do is get a new unit. Easy Peasy................. except that despite it being a very common problem, the parts havent been made for the past couple of years. However Vauxhall have found a new supplier, and they have promised me it will be available at the beginning of august...... then mid sept....then end of sept........ then 16th October...... and here we are on the 20th and still no sign or even anyone in Vauxhall Customer Relations able to find out if and when they will be made again.

If I were you, I would go back to the Vauxhall Main dealer and speak only to someone in the management team, because this is such a common problem, they are taking the mickey out of you. Presumably because they are too embarrassed to tell you that they are not making the part at the moment. If they deny anything, use one of their computers to log on here and show them how many people have the same problem...... or the guy I am dealing with at VX CR is Philip Evans, Custopmer Service Manager

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Undo it manually so it's fully folded away, then put it up again sometimes it just resets itself, the bleepy thing is in the passenger footwell just pull it out if everything fails so you wont get the noise.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, i opened the roof manually part of the way and then pressed the roof button which opened it fully. when i took it to vauxhall would they of put it on the diagnostic computer. I have a feeling that the ecu was tested. could it be a roof sensor?
    I've really had enough now....want to sell it but who will buy it with a broken roof..

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'll pm my mobile number it's easier to explain