Thread: Gutted! What a bad week.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Gutted! What a bad week.

Well what a bad week I've had. First of all I get made redundant and then this happens.

Driving home from work and on a busy roundabout. I am in the left hand lane taking the first exit and just as I am coming off a silly woman in the middle lane decides to cut into our lane with no indication whatsoever. This in turn causes the person two cars in front of me to slam on their brakes, the person in front of me slams into him and I slam into the guy in front. The lady then carries on driving as if nothing happens.

Anyway the three of us pull over and get out to look at our cars. The first car (a 57 plate BMW) has a ****ed rear bumper, the second car ( an 09 plate BMW) has a scratched front bumper and a pushed in rear bumper and I have the following: A f**ked front bumper, bent cross member, the radiator is destroyed, bonnet completely pushed up and a broken headlight. Either way I can safely say my car is a write off.

The problem I have is a) Because I went into the back of someone, it is automatically my fault. b) I am only third party fire and theft and c) I am now stuck without a car and cannot get a new one as I no longer have a job, therefore I need my savings to survive until I find a new one.

Sorry for the rant but it just could not come at a worse time. I will however be breaking the car to try and salvage back as much money as possible so watch this space.
    It's better to burn out than to fade away

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sorry to hear that mate, u must of been goin at a fair speed to have done that kind of damage cos i went into the back of a 200sx and only had a small 4"exhaust hole in my bumper and some cracked paint, and i was doing about 15mph.

im sure things will pick up for ya, sumin good always come out of sumin bad

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    To be completely honest i know it was an accident but you should know your breaking distances mate...tut tut tut..
    Sorry to hear about the car though mate.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Unlucky mate, and Dw, its not automatically your fault becuase you rear ended them.

I hit a tre ein mine this week and then had someone try to beat me up at a T junction all on weds, so you aint completely alone with the shit week mate.

Hope it gets better.

Vectra SRi 1.9 CDTi (150).
    Tinted Windows, Richbrook Gear Knob & Tax Disc Holder.
    Flip down sunglasses Holder.
    6000K HID's, Chilled Glovebox, CD70 Navi, Debadged, Samco Hoses.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mate I was going no more than 20mph seriously. I was shocked at the damage myself. It was rush hour on a busy London roundabout

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i think maybe cos the beamer is so new, and all of the safety gear on them, the 200sx i hit just crumpled, the spare wheel saved it from crushin in anymore

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by turbodfocus View Post
    To be completely honest i know it was an accident but you should know your breaking distances mate...tut tut tut..
    Sorry to hear about the car though mate.
    Listen mate I am not an idiot nor am I the sort of prat to tail gate. I am fully aware of braking distances and I was far from speeding. This happened on a busy roundabout, we were going no more than 20mph and it was completely un-avoidable.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by legend85 View Post
    Listen mate I am not an idiot nor am I the sort of prat to tail gate. I am fully aware of braking distances and I was far from speeding. This happened on a busy roundabout, we were going no more than 20mph and it was completely un-avoidable.
    No need to get touchy.. you dont need to explain yourself to me..all i would advise is that if it was me you hit into and my son was on the back seat and even jutted forward slightly ad be the last person you seen..
    Not saying you were tailgating... lot of damage for the low speed so something your saying aint adding up..

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Mate that sucks ass big time.

These things happen though. I wouldnt immediately assume liability. Just supply the facts and let the insurance companies sort it out.

First and foremost, I hope you get your job situation sorted out - chin up and all that.
    I>< Silver Coupe ><I

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by turbodfocus View Post
    No need to get touchy.. you dont need to explain yourself to me..all i would advise is that if it was me you hit into and my son was on the back seat and even jutted forward slightly ad be the last person you seen..
    Not saying you were tailgating... lot of damage for the low speed so something your saying aint adding up..
    Not getting touchy, just explaining myself. I have a 3mth old son who I regularly have in my car aswel so don't pull that one. Also, believe what you will I have nothing to prove. Just explaining a situation

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast