Thread: Average Speed Cameras?!?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Average Speed Cameras?!?

I went through loads of these today, one where i would have been 'on average' doing 45-50 on a 40mph limit. However this was only because everyone else was flouting them- some travelling 60+. It was plain dangerous to stick to 40.

Do these people know something i don't? (are they not all switchd on)
    Has anyone got a fine from these?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I was thinking the same on sunday coming back from the missus' house!
    I accidently went through the first one at 60 before i noticed the camera... so then slowed down to about 45 (was 50 limit) to try and average out, most people seemed to just go through at 70!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've heard that they only clock about 10mph above the limit...

Bear in mind that motorways and roads that they put these on curve and as such the distance travelled is different for someone on the outside of the curve to that on the inside, I cant be bothered to do the calculation but compare the difference between the circumference of a circle of x metres diameter then add the width of a standard motorway and do it again that will give the ratio between lane 1 and lane 3 over the distance of the original circumference... or something like that anyway... lol, they'll never be more accurate than that...
    N.b. any opinitons expressed above should be ignored and considered 'ramblings', under no circumstances should they be relied upon...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Actually go on I'll do it, not showing my workings but damn I'm a geek aint I...

Over 1000m travelled in lane 1 assuming the centre of lanes 1 and 3 are 20m apart the distance travelled in lane 3 would be 1063m which equals a 6.3% potential error...

N.b. the 20m width is a guesstimate assumption thingy... and this is assuming a consistent circular curve, my head hurts too much to work out the difference for more varying degrees of curve but you get the idea...

--- Actually I made an error, need to add the 20m to the radius not diameter, actual result is 1126m which is 12.6% error
    N.b. any opinitons expressed above should be ignored and considered 'ramblings', under no circumstances should they be relied upon...

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Drives
    Astra Twintop 1.8 & Honda Accord
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by graeme647 View Post
    Actually go on I'll do it, not showing my workings but damn I'm a geek aint I...

Over 1000m travelled in lane 1 assuming the centre of lanes 1 and 3 are 20m apart the distance travelled in lane 3 would be 1063m which equals a 6.3% potential error...

N.b. the 20m width is a guesstimate assumption thingy... and this is assuming a consistent circular curve, my head hurts too much to work out the difference for more varying degrees of curve but you get the idea...

--- Actually I made an error, need to add the 20m to the radius not diameter, actual result is 1126m which is 12.6% error
    GEEK!

Yer I did get lost after the first few words

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Basically, do a clarkson, pull over, wait a few mintues, then rag through the rest of em . . .basically it clocks how fast you go between one set to another, usually 2km apart, it renews after every camera, andyou can get 3 points for every camera u beat the time on, basically, its not a ****ing time trial, and your not colin mcrae. So if you bust it through an 8km stretch, thats 4 cameras, you will get hit with 12 points, and a goodbye license letter.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    they had them down on the m27 whilst they built the 4th lane, the limit was 50mph i went through them all at well above that! so wouldnt worry! i read in the paper (daily echo) that on average 1 person a day was caught while they were in use!! they crap!
    ONLY DRIVE AS FAST AS YOUR ANGELS CAN FLY

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i see loads of people flying through them on the m4/m5/50 without a care in the world personally i wouldnt take the risk not worth 3 points for 5 mins of my journey, ive heard stories about changing lanes to not get caught etc and if you pay enough attention you can see where the camera is looking has been marked on the road usually on only 2 of 3 lanes plus if you get beside a nice big truck it can hide from the camera

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    on one of my usual journeys there is a set where the slip road comes in just after the first camera, everyone is sticking at exactly 70 and i can do what i want as i wasnt clocked on the first camera.

this might be the case in other places?
    My Auto-Bio - HERE

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yer it is true that if u change lanes they cant prosecute you

Theyre trying to hange the law atm on it i think

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast