Thread: HELP: Astra 1.6 easytronic - car shakes?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HELP: Astra 1.6 easytronic - car shakes?

Hi All

I have recently got Astra life 1.6 easytronic, first after driving Merc automatic for a while I wasn’t really impressed with easytronic gearbox the way it changes gear is almost about a second difference and sometimes it goes in 1st gear for a bit longer then it should normally do. Going up the gears is still acceptable but when it changes gears from 2nd to 1st it gives a jerk, first question is, is this normal?

Second problem which I had before and noticed again yesterday when I was on motorway for a while in a very slow moving traffic (5-10miles /hour) when you continuously drive at that speed sometimes the whole car shakes I did noticed that earlier when I bought this car but then I thought it might be the wheels and tyres but then I didn’t bother cause I was planning to change the standard Life wheels to alloys which I have done it now but still the same problem, I have spken to someone and they have said it is because of easytroic gear box which cant be right??

Any thoughts on this guys, any of you facing the same problem with your easytric Astra's?

By the way car is 55 plate and has only 45000 miles.

Many thanks in advance

S

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all
    Anyone?