Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Victim of theft - soooooo mad!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Victim of theft - soooooo mad!!!

They say bad things happen in 3...well last week was certainly more than 3 and you know when you do everything you can to make things better.

Well on Saturday I decided to go out for a bike ride, came back at 2pm, left my bike in our car port to dry off and went out with a mate for a few hours. Came back...bike gone.

Now, in hindsight I shouldn't have left it 'out' as it were, but I live in a culdesac in a nice area and the bike can't be seen unless you actually walk in to the car port itself as it was leant against the wall and hidden by part of the front wall. I wasn't sure who I was more angry at, myself or the thief! Police don't care.

It's the fact that it happened in the middle of the day on a Saturday in a culdesac of about 22 houses all very close together - an incredibly risky steal. God help the little pikey that stole it if I ever see him riding it - doubtful though, probably been thrown down a hill or into a hedge somewhere just for laughs. And I've got to wait 8 weeks until I can afford to get another bike. It has really affected me morale wise, just feel so sh1t that someone has taken something I've worked so hard for. No insurance either

Thieving scum.

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    not covered under home and contents insurance?

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    On a lighter note btw, my local police have a stash of impounded or lost bikes which they keep for so long to see if the owner turns up, but many of them don't, so they sell them off very cheaply every now and then with the funds raised going to a good cause - might be worth checking out if your force or local council runs a similar scheme, as they do have some pretty nice bikes impounded and you could get a bargain.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I did think about contents insurance, but I wouldn't have thought in a million years that they would pay out on a bike I have no proof of ownership for nor declaration of owning left in an exterior car port.

Thanks for the info though - I will make some enquiries about police ceased bikes.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had My BMX stole from My front door when I went to get my lunch, got it on insurance (or should i say my mum did lol) £50 excess though but well worth it on a £500 BMX

Know how You feel, Hope You get a new bike soon

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i used to live in a 2nd floor flat with an outside shed, council flat etc, and someone had my bike out of there! covered by contents insurance. thankfully managed to get a copy of card statement from when i bught it and they paid out for that years equivlent model

give them a call, advise it was in your property and taken, provide the reference number and leave it with em...
    No longer GSi power
    Dirty Derv Decked Vec is the way forward for me!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I know the feeling mate, I spent all my summer holidays working not seeing mates to earn enough money to get my trials bike built by tarty bikes, cost me just one 1000, within a month of having it someone got over a 6ft fence, prid off both locks of my shed and took the bike back over the fence. Felt like crap after knowing i worked all that time for nothing.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Turns out there has been a spate of bike thefts in the area and near University too (5 mins away).

Low and behold, walking out of Uni today and there's a gang of about 30 really thuggish sort of looking teens hanging around one of the footpaths with about 10 totally random looking bikes (pink one, yellow one, a female one, a few expensive ones) all of which I doubt any of them legally own. 4 of them started walking around the bike parking zones looking for unlocked bikes. I followed them to make sure they didn't take any, but they clocked me and started walking away. I was hoping so much that mine was one of the bikes in their possession, but it wasn't. I am hoping the little toe rag that stole mine will be there tomorrow or the next day...oh boy I will have me some fun with him
    A reasonable dose of vigilante justice will be provided free of charge.

Status
    The Invisible Woman
    Drives
    Zafira
    Mentioned in
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    We had about 10 kids loitering out the front of the house one day, next thing we know, 2 of Andy's bike's had been stolen.

Later that year, we had just back from Ely and checked his replacement bike was still locked up in the garden and it was. 10 minutes later, it had disappeared! Really pee'd off, we jumped in the car and headed off. Saw 2 lads pushing a bike that was way to big for them, pulled along side, jumped out the car, the boys immediately ran off. We grabbed it and it was Andy's bike . Choice words were shouted but the boys disappeared like a shot!

We were very lucky that time. Its now dismantled and in the shed. We still dont know how they manage to free the bike, it had a huge combination lock and was heavily chained to the wall. I suppose if they want something enough, they WILL find a way of getting it
    Why not sign up and join us.
    Become a member today

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    combinationlocks are so easy to undo.. u can undo them in a matter of under 5 mins.. as u turn the digits u can feel the lock getting slacker and slacker and u do it row by row til u get the full combination.... also padlocks are no good either and u just put a screw driver in and hit it upwards hard.. i know this cause i had 3 motorbikes stolen cause of it... got 2 back other one was for spares anyway (didnt get tht one back)... they tried again but this time i was prepaired... i put an amours plated lock on the shed door... even bolt cutters wouldnt touch it! but just to be on same side i used another lock on the bikes where u can get a screw driver it or a crow bar or anything... tried 3-4 times but couldnt get in!! but got rid of motorbikes when baby was born.. not heard out since!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast