Soz guys - i tried the search & it must be in there, but i never saw it. I've a place that'll fit HIDs for me, so i'm interested now.
I've a MK4 Astra & i'll be looking at the dark/black/smoked angel eyes & NOT the chrome ones
From the search i at least picked up the following:
* angel eyes without HIDs will offer total sh!te light output
* GeordieBandit doesn't rate angel eyes
* There's debate over LEDs, hotspotting & such
* There's a hell of a lot of numbers get thrown about
I'll try post this as something easy to answer so it's easy for me to get right
- Is there any specific make of angel eye headlight i should buy? Most of the search returned "FK" or some other which name i've forgot.
- Are LEDs absolutley necessary (regards hotspotting)? Has anyone got a pic of angel eyes with AND without this LED mod so i can decide if they look total crap without the LEDs?
- I believe the kits come 4300, 6000 & 8000. This is what i'm looking for from this setup:
- I don't want blue lights! So it's pretty obvious i don't want to attract unwanted (police) attention!!
- I want quality light output, but i don't want to blind all oncoming traffic with SUPER bright bulbs
3. So.....what numbers should i be looking at? MOst people seem to have the 6000 setup. Is this what i should be looking at? Then there's 35w / 55w. Basically for #3 i'm asking what kit would suit my needs.That's basically it i think. I don't need to ask anything about fitment as i wont be fitting.
4. I want the kit for the dipped lights (2nd turn of the light switch??). I'm thinking this is the H7 HID kit. Does this also cover the side lights? & if the light output is poor with standard bulbs ......... how would the main beam fare without a HID kit for that? Would it be poor?
All i want to do is provide the ENTIRE necessary kit for the guys to fit. I don't want them to call me up saying "you've not included [such & such] so we can't fit them for you".
I also want to make sure i've got the kit that'll suit my needs with regards to correct colour & strength.
If there's nothing that'll suit the needs, then i'll have to write off angel eyes & HIDs. Just so long as i know
Help on this much appreciated. Cheers.