Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car impounded... no tax/mot/insurance!!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Car impounded... no tax/mot/insurance!!

Hi all...

please advise me on this...

a friend has just taken delivery of a mitsubishi colt czt that was a salvage car.

car was not drivable but the fool had it delivered and parked it outside his house on the street.

well obviously... with no tax/mot/insurance the car is gone... pretty sure its towed away as no clutch and falling to bits so dont think anyone would nick it.

Please tell me whats the first port of call? Police or local council?

and whats the chances of getting it back? baring in mind that its a salvage so it needs repair before it can be tested n taxed!
    51 plate Astra SXI 1.6 16V. Prestige Blue!

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    you may be lucky with a good telling off and get it back but I doubt it. The car must have been there for a period of time for the police/council to notice it and arrange to collect it. Ring them both up and find out where it is first, take the invoice for the car and delivery note and hope they are in a good mood.

100% the best approach to this would be to grovel and be as nice as possible, any attitude from the owner will get you no where.

good luck!
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cool i will tell him that. the car was only delivered on wednesday and he does have a bit of a driveway outside his house so i dont know why it wasnt on there!

he will have some sort of invoice for buying it from the salvage place im sure and as it was up north he should have an invoice for the transport guy that picked it up and delivered it to him here
    51 plate Astra SXI 1.6 16V. Prestige Blue!

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    when i got done got no lic, tax, mot or insurance... i had to pay for the car out the compound, pay for towing fee, and go to court but that was cause i was caugth with no lic as i was only 14... but everday its in there they charge an extra £12 bad in the day that was like 8-9 year ago...

the people are the compound are funny buggers.. only way he will get it back is most likely having to pay for it out as it should never of been there in the first place... and he will have to take vaild insurance details down... when my car got compunded all them years agoi my mam had to go down with her policy as she was full comp... and they let her get it out (only reason i did is they still charge u even if u dont get it out so longer i left it more it was gonna cost)

Status
    Yer...I'm nuts!!
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Follow untouchable On Twitter
    I'm insured fully comp and it actually now states on my policy that it DOES NOT cover me for collecting 'authority removed' vehicles, so it's best to check any insurance before you collect a car from the pound.

Status
    The Invisible Woman
    Drives
    Zafira
    Mentioned in
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronny View Post
    when i got done got no lic, tax, mot or insurance... i had to pay for the car out the compound, pay for towing fee, and go to court but that was cause i was caugth with no lic as i as only 14...
    Is that really something to brag about?
    Why not sign up and join us.
    Become a member today

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well when you and ur mate go and pick the car up. i guess the car will not be drive able so you will have to tow it home or get a tow truck...so reallyif you get a tow truck and they put it on their back then you don't need insurance and plus u can't drive it until it has mot lol....but what makes be laugh is that how could if off towed away so quick, it must of been the DVLA people who spotted it mate, because the old bill and the council would put a notice on the window if it had a window lol...and leave it for a few days and then move it, because you didn't get stopped by the poilce driving it so i don't know maybe ur neighbours grassed you up lol...or they though that someone crashed and did a runner

Status
    Yer...I'm nuts!!
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    The DVLA seem to leave them clamped for 24 hours round here before they move them...mind you, theres only been two cars removed in the ten years Ive been here

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sami View Post
    Is that really something to brag about?
    not at all fella... i wasnt bragging i was simply explainging my situation...
    if i could turn the clock back now i would never have done it... i could have seriously hurt or even killed someone.. that is not something to be proud of at all... thank god i didnt hurt anyone.. so no i was NOT bragging

Status
    Yer...I'm nuts!!
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronny View Post
    not at all fella...
    FYI Sami is deffo not a fella

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast