Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

help needed to keep my car red

Hi all,
    I recently bought a 1.8 sxi (2000) w reg in flat flame pink and spent the whole weekend t-cuting and waxing it and it came up beautiful unfortunatly within a week it has started to go flat and pink again i used a good quality wax with carnauba (cant remember brand) anyone got any advice on how to keep it red,
    cheers,
    cowboy

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    firstly you messed up by using t-cut. do a search and you will see why. If it was a decent wax then it should of lasted longer. not much will keep it looking a deep glossy red for long, so every 4-6 months it will need a spruce up.
    Castle Combe Saloon Car Championship. Car 21, pug 106 GTI. Gone from track days to full on racing

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertone ben View Post
    not much will keep it looking a deep glossy red for long, so every 4-6 months it will need a spruce up.
    I beg to differ

As Ben said, T-Cut is a complete no-no. Have the car machine polidhed by someone who knows what they're doing, then use a paint cleanser such as Zym0l HD Cleanse to give it that wet oily look. After this stage, wax it with a very good quality wax, such as Dodo Juice Orange Crush. Build up about 5-10 coats and then all you will need to do is wash, dry and quik detailer it and it'll glow.
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboy View Post
    Hi all,
    I recently bought a 1.8 sxi (2000) w reg in flat flame pink and spent the whole weekend t-cuting and waxing it and it came up beautiful unfortunatly within a week it has started to go flat and pink again i used a good quality wax with carnauba (cant remember brand) anyone got any advice on how to keep it red,
    cheers,
    cowboy
    Hi mate this will do the trick http://www.dmddetailingstore.co.uk/c...gance-37-p.asp