Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Some advice on Camera Gear.

Hi Guys,

Looking at possibly changing my DSLR. Up to now i have been more than happy with the shots that i have taken with it and with the second lens have not been wanting for any more. The current rig is a Sony Alpha 200 with the standard 18-70mm lens (3.5-5.6) and the 75-300mm (4.5-5.6) Lens.

Now the problem i have run into is that i use this camera at work to get model shots etc which up to now have been ok but with the new catalogue on the drawing board i was looking for better pictures. After some discussion with a local camera/studio shop he advised a set of flash heads and moving over to green screen to make cropping easier and a white screen to clean up the shots. So the gear duly arrived along with a remote flash trigger. Now we find out the remote trigger is not compatible with my camera and i will need a adaptor to make it work, these are circa £120 from Sony. Now i have lost some faith in this guy as he knew exactly what camera i had and told me it would all work fine.

Like most people i have stood in Jessops etc drooling at the newest and flashest gear and felt the burning sensation in the wallet but up to now have resisted the urge to buy a new toy, but now i am wondering if i should. Having also just spent more than £550 on screens, flashes, reflectors etc along with a shiny new Mac £1900 and CS4 £900 the work budget is somewhat exhausted. So i am considering buying myself a new toy and selling on the Sony which is less than a year old.

So what do i buy. Nikon D90?

Or does any one have a solution so that i can carry on using the sony but being able to use it with the flash heads?.

Dean
    "I Love It When A Plan Comes Together"

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    what adapter do you need and where have you looked for it?

Do you want to stay with the Alpha range?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not realy sure what adaptor i need, i want to be able to trigger two remote flash heads. Looks at the Sony FS-ST1AM and the FA-HS1AM.

Not sure if i want to stick with the Sony gear or not. I have been very happy with it but i am finding accesories etc a little more expensive than other brands.

Dean
    "I Love It When A Plan Comes Together"