Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

astra 4 stud drum conversion

hi there,

i have an astra 1.6 16v sxi and i want to conver the drums to discs.

the problem i have is that i have abs and i cant find any hubs with speed sensors for the rear to have abs.

i dont want to conver them to a 5 stud hub as iv just bought some new wheels.

my question is this.......can i just put a normal hub on the back and have no abs on the back and if so will the abs still work on the front?

or can i convert the hubs in anyway to make them have abs? like use the sensors from a front set?

Cheers people

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    can anyone help?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    disk and drum hubs are the same apart from the sensors so regardless of whether they have ABS or not, any 4 stud disks will go on. I personally hate ABS as it cuts in too early and I dont like not having full control of my braking. If you put a non ABS setup on the brakes will still fit and work but youll end up with the ABS light on the dash.

TBH I wouldnt bother with rear disks without upgrading the front as all it does is make the back end kick out easier when you pin the brakes on and makes very little difference normally. Youd be better off saving your cash and getting a 308mm front setup with some 4 stud disks (available from LMF or by re-drilling the 5 stud ones) or get some aftermarket disks and pads for your current set and also some braided hoses
    It would definitely go better with an engine in it

ZLET converted SXi See Here