Thread: Astra mk6

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Astra mk6

Sorry if this is a repost, but vauxhalls got the new mk6 on their homepage.

Whats everyones thoughts on it?

I think they had a tough job trying to top the mk 5 as it was some piece of car.

If you got to build a vauxhall car on the vauxhall site you can see it 360degrees, I dont like it much. similar to the new megane

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    why dont they face lift the MK4!! best/meanest looking astra! with a bit of a refurb i think it would sell loads. id buy one. anyone else?

im thinking mk4 with slight insignia styling on the sides (rather than bump strips) the new interior and stuff like better headlights (mk5 style)

id put a deposit down tomorrow ha
    My Auto-Bio - HERE

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    Interesting reading what people think about the new MK6. I personally don't like it. There was a new one at Brands Hatch last weekend on VX stand, and we all seemed to walk straight past it, not interested at all. Was more interested in looking at the VXRacing Edition Astra they have there.

Never heard anyone refer to it as being like a new Megane, but I can see where you are coming from. Too much like the Mazda 3, and IMO from front side view, its too Focus like!

It would be difficult for Vauxhall to facelift the MK4 to make a new Astra. It obviously would not fit in easily with the look of the Insignia, which is their aim for the new Astra. Just don't think it would work to be honest. Maybe if they had kept the Insignia with straighter lines and not so curved, especially at the rear then they may possibly been able to facelift the MK4.
    Astra sold ... replaced with a Skoda ... soon to be replaced with another Vauxhall

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I dont think it needs to tie in with anything, they can release this astra aswell as a revival for the MK4, they'd sell loads i think. i know id like the option of a MK4 with 0 miles and perfect body work!
    My Auto-Bio - HERE

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by arnienemo View Post
    I dont think it needs to tie in with anything, they can release this astra aswell as a revival for the MK4, they'd sell loads i think. i know id like the option of a MK4 with 0 miles and perfect body work!
    I can see your point, it would be an either or to be honest though - don't think they would be able to get away with selling 2 hatchbacks of similar size.

Can't think off the top of my head, a car company that does, but I will stand corrected if someone thinks of one.
    Astra sold ... replaced with a Skoda ... soon to be replaced with another Vauxhall

Status
    Ex-Astra Owner
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Moved to the Mk 6 forum.

There are however a number of threads already around on this subject.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mgodden1989 View Post
    I can see your point, it would be an either or to be honest though - don't think they would be able to get away with selling 2 hatchbacks of similar size.

Can't think off the top of my head, a car company that does, but I will stand corrected if someone thinks of one.
    corsa and astra are very similar in size
    My Auto-Bio - HERE

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The mk4 is by far the best looking, i have a 1.4 with 18 inch wheels on, getting it lowered on coilys tomorow, got decent headlights, and i still get loads of people commenting it. Cos its in good nick i guess.

Im sorry to say this, but, vauxhalls has well and truly cocked the new one up IMO.

Wasn't keen on the mk5 at all either, but it is growing on me a bit now i guess. Still wouldn't buy one, don't think id either both buying a VXR if i had the money, id go straight out and spend 5k on a decent mk4 2.0ltr turbo with low miles, and spend the rest of the money making it a hell of alot quicker than the VXR. And i wonder how many of you guys would do the same.

Saying that though, i saw a picture of the new mk6 photoshopped with a lexmaul styling pack, and, it is quite good looking, very aggressive, jsut a shame about the front grill on it.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by arnienemo View Post
    corsa and astra are very similar in size
    No they are most certainly not!

My Dad has a brand new - well year old - 5 door corsa, and compared to my 5 door MK5, its tiny. The boot is about half the size, any normal sized person struggles to fit in the back if anyone of average height is sitting in the front. Its such a squeeze. Looks wise, they look similar.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mgodden1989 View Post
    No they are most certainly not!
    wow.. overkill? i thought they were, thats all
    My Auto-Bio - HERE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast