Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

can anyone help me?

afternoon guys,
    i know this is the wrong place to be asking this question (if so please delete if necessary) but ive posted it on 3 other forums and so far no one has been able to shed any light as to what it may be. maybe fellow griffen drivers will be more helpful.
    my bro has a 05 2.0 tdi 140 bhp mk5 golf. he called me the other day to say it wasnt going well and would i take a look at it so being the good bro i am i did, what i found scared the pants off me coz when i took it a spin up the road.
    firstly when you put the foot down and give her a bit of beans the whole front end vibrates and feels as if its about to spread all over the road in front of you,i was scared to drive it any further after this and on the way back home noticed it had gone off a cylinder.later found out he had put petrol in the bloody thing and thought it would be ok just keep topping it up with diesel.
    now 4-5 days later it is still doing the above problems and he says he has filled it up twice with fresh diesel.please help coz i dont really know what else to do for him as he cant afford to take it to a stealer and i have little mechanical experience with vw (vauxhall for me).
    any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated and will be looked into.
    thanks guys
    eugene

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    only thing i can suggest is empty the tank completly(AA do this for £225 i believe) and refill it using the proper stuff lol
    i would get a compression test too.
    ONLY DRIVE AS FAST AS YOUR ANGELS CAN FLY