Thread: Hot Hatches FRom IFA Frankfurt 2009

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hot Hatches FRom IFA Frankfurt 2009

So then The hot hatches from Frankfurt. I drove them all and what fun they all were. No RS pics as I really dislike the tarted ST and well too many pictures have been posted of it. Not doubting its potential but well bye bye RS your limelight is over, so read on for more. Also no MAzda 3 MPS or Seat Leon as the pics came out blurry. Two massive standouts for me that move the ball game to another level. Sorry I have edited my review of how they drive until the magazines get to test them so the mini review might not make complete sense why I decide what I do. If you really must know and you twist my arm I might talk in private.

The Renault Megane 250. Fantastic car to drive (Think new Clio 200 but more grown up). No as focused as the R26R but then not designed to be. Personally I dislike the styling but then again no fat **** so a big improvement on the old one and do not get me started on the tat that is the interior. Long way to go on the interior front Renault!

A Pic of the Subaru impreza WRX engine. Eww on the Colour

Reigers Tarted Scirroco woth intersting alloys.

And MSdesgins Tarted Mk6 Golf

The OPC race camp edition Astra VXR. I actually like this, no chavvy graphics of the burg, just white with black roof and black rims, door mirrors and diffuser.

A police tarted Scirroco

Seats Ibiza 5 door concept hot hatch which rumours say will be released at some point. Love the brakes

So on to my favourite cars of the show.

The Scirroco R and the GTI-R

So why did I say what I said about the Focus RS read on. So the GTI-R....

Think GTI but with more grunt (270BHP compared to 210. This car is focused on doing everything superbly well, the interior is Merc/BMW good (Sorry Vauxhall the new Astra does not come close to this) and everything about it screams understated. I really cannot tell you how impressive the interior is, the seats are lovely, the extra recaro's are not necessary. The engine note is not old R32 like but it growls just fine!. It will be available as a 5 door. This is the hot hatch for Grown ups and on track I reckon bye bye RS see you later. TBH There will not be much in it but still the GTI-R for the win.

So onto price, now this actually undercuts the RS in Germany, not by much but then again you get 4WD, 4 pot brakes, A quality interior and no poor bodykit. This car is a car that does not scream look at me like the RS does but by golly it does not need to, if anything the RS is the poor relation to this. I like this a lot and it is my new king of the hot hatches.

So this brings me neatly onto the Scirroco R. Think Antithesis on the GTI-R: 260BHP, no 4WD, the big brakes are there, the balance there. Again styling is not look at me it is subtle, interior is nice but not Golf good. After all it is based on the Eos so not desgined to be as good as the golf. Price wise it is cheaper then the Golf and is a 4 seater well realistically 2 seats as with me driving no one other then a child could sit in the rear seat behind me.

So there we have it 2 cars that have suddely bumped up the game to another level. Hats off to you VW excellent job, Vauxhall/Opel I hope you are paying attention the VXR better be very good but I have a feeling that interior wise going on the mk6 astra you are already a behind! TBH I am actually satggered at how far hot hatches have come. This new breed (and I include the RS in this) would easily frighthen the supercars of old!

So for me if it had to be a hot hatch, it would be no question the GTI-R. Vaxhaull we look to you next!

Status
    Turbo Jizz Golfer !
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Loving the new Golfs. No doubt they wont be cheap though when they are release over here.

Basil, I heard you the first time

So there we have it 2 cars that have suddely bumped up the game to another level. Hats off to you VW excellent job, Vauxhall/Opel I hope you are paying attention the VXR better be very good but I have a feeling that interior wise going on the mk6 astra you are already a behind! TBH I am actually satggered at how far hot hatches have come. This new breed (and I include the RS in this) would easily frighthen the supercars of old!

So for me if it had to be a hot hatch, it would be no question the GTI-R. Vaxhaull we look to you next!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    VW yawn fest as normal.....the Renault looks good as does the VXR special edition.
    Tell me what you've done, not what you're going to!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Drives
    MK4 Astra SRi-T
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    The Reiger Scirrocco looks like its got an Audi bodykit on it
    PROJECT STORMMK4 Astra SRi-T Z20LET

Future 500BHP Track monster......