Thread: Radio / cassette machine

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Radio / cassette machine

VHall Astra Estate 1998? (P reg) - my first VHall and whilst not even nearly new I'm pleased. P reg and 60K on the clock and the interior looks new!
    However - It has (had) the original CAR200 radio / cassette which I've removed in order to fit a Radio/CD player rescued from my old car which was about to be recycled. Can't quite get it working.

Back left of the metal case has the connectors which are sort of built into the frame. (I won't go into which plug has connectors where at this stage.
    Top connector has 2 banks of 5 pins
    2 connectors below has 2 banks of 4 pins.

Having dragged a person out of Halfords - we decided the Top connector was to feed the display above the set. Comments please !!

I bought a lead from them and it came on for about 5 secs trying to eject the CD (empty). Then zilch !!

I havn't checked the fusebox yet but any tricks of the trade please or any snurrglies.

Thanks

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    should be standard ISO connector block.

With your two blocks of connections, one set is for speakers, the other is power connections....

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    just replaced the cassette in mine with a Kenwood cd - the third plug does supply the display, I just tucked it out of the way. The guy in Halfords did suggest that I'd need to swap the orange and red feed wires in the adapter lead over to get the power supply to work correctly, and he seems to have been right, as it now comes on with ignition, and off after the key comes out of the ignition.
    My biggest problem was getting the old cage out of the dash to change the aerial plug, it's not re-usable now in any way, shape or form! Good job I'd got a new one handy.