Thread: Churchill.... what a useless bunch of *****

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry Churchill.... what a useless bunch of *****

My dad took out insurance with them on 1/8/09, then moved house on 4/8/09. We have written to them (and called) to change address, which is still not done to this day!
    Well this morning my dad got a letter saying, we've not received evidence of no claims so we're cancelling your policy as from 0001 on 4/10/09. This letter was sent to his old address and has taken nearly 2 weeks to get to his new one.
    I know for a fact that the no claims proof has been sent (cos I sent it) and I have rung them at least twice and my dad once to tell them about the change of address and no claims documents have been sent. So not only do they not listen to phone calls, they pay no attention to letters or emails.

How pissed off are we!

Rant over
    Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny. If you see him without an erection, make him a sandwich

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Useless in general, i want to be a named driver on my dads car, i said i would pay any price as i need to do some work on it at my garage, sorry but your not 21, its only a estate omega v6 3.2 yet elephant will let me insure the car myself for 1400 quid fully comp. Arseholes.

taff
    well at least if they cancel your policy you dont have to do it yourself and get charged for it

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    never had a problem with them myself. between me, my wife, my dad and my mum, we've clocked up 14 years trouble free insurance with them.

Dad's been with them for the last 3 years on his car, 2 from last 3 on his truck, mum's been last 3 on the mpv, clare's done 3 years, and I've had 2 years between the mk3 & the coupe, and a year TPFT on my old punto while it was SORN'd for a year to build up my 1st year's NCB

most of their letters etc are sent out automatically, so it could be worth giving them a call and sorting it out over the phone. you've probably just spoken to the work experience kid when you've dealt with them in the past

You can change your details online too, so the change of address neednt have been such an issue.

I have to ask as well, did you ring them 1st thing when the letter arrived? as you could stop them cancelling insurance. a quick trip to the local shop and you could have faxed over your NCB proof (or even email it from the comfort of your own home!)
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by demogorgon View Post
    We have written to them (and called) to change address, which is still not done to this day!
    Well this morning my dad got a letter saying, we've not received evidence of no claims so we're cancelling your policy as from 0001 on 4/10/09.
    Surely if your dad received the letter - they have now changed the address?
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sten View Post

not nessicarily (SP) the ryoal mail might have as my dads gf moved in and the royal mail sticks new address sticker over the top !
    Back in an astra and loving it

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sten View Post
    he got the letter via mail redirection. anyway, they've rung me today, got £57.75 off the policy for the inconvenience, and all is well
    Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny. If you see him without an erection, make him a sandwich