Thread: mk4 astra estate... a few questions..

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

mk4 astra estate... a few questions..

hi guys, right i have a silver mk4 astra estate 1.6 8 valve on a t- plate, i've had a few issues recently...

first one is the trim on the bottom of my boot lid has been stolen, and i've tried loads of scrappys and ebay to find a new one to no avail, any ideas where i can get a new one from?? or the best way to remove the mounting clips from my boot lid?

next issue is the mirrors, can you take manual mirrors from the car, and replace them with eletric ones, if i got the switches and elec mirrors, is all the wiring there? same goes for if i were to swap the door totally for one with electric windows, and mirrors, is the loom there to hook em up??

third... how hard is it to convert the rear drums to discs? is there any advantages to do this

lastly, if i wanted to mount a towbar, wheres the best fixing point?? and what type is the best (and cheapest) option to go for?

hope thats not too much advice to ask from a first post, lol... hope some of you can give me some advice

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Trim panel - vauxhall ... or stick a wanted ad on here...

Mirrors, not sure, I think you need to check of you have the loom to the doors..

You can swap over anything from front of the car mirrors/bumpers/doors (from 5 door)
    The rear bumper is the same as on a van.

No real advantage to swapping drum to disk on the rear, 4 stud rear discs are not that common....

Towbar, often found cheap on ebay, they'll only fix one way to be secure....

oh, and welcome !!!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    lol, thanks...

right, how do i check out the loom, i've looked and i do have some spare wires there, how do i know what is for what?

the swapping question was more a q of will it all work, or will i just be swapping to a door with a load of useless crap on it, where i can't open a window

as for the towbar, i've seen a lot of different fixing types, does anyone know where i should be boltiong it onto and if theres conections for the electrics or if i have to wire that from scratch

bob

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the mirrors will just need a relay and a couple of fuses, cant remember which ones but apart from the switch thats it