Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Engine RPM Speed

  
  1. #1
    Status
    Offline
    asimsyed24's Avatar
    AOC Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    48
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Engine RPM Speed

    How to set Idle Engine desired RPM Speed... on Astra MK4 1.6 engine 8v Petrol, year 2000?

  2. #2
    Status
    Offline
    willeywilson's Avatar
    AOC Fanatic
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    461
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I aren't sure but is the cable driven type? if so you should be able to turn a screw on the module in the engine bay and it will either pull or push the cable so that the engine revs increase or decrease at idle...

    BUT I aren't positive and I'm sure someone will be along to tell you the right way of doing it

  3. #3
    Status
    Offline
    asimsyed24's Avatar
    AOC Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    48
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by willeywilson View Post
    I aren't sure but is the cable driven type? if so you should be able to turn a screw on the module in the engine bay and it will either pull or push the cable so that the engine revs increase or decrease at idle...

    BUT I aren't positive and I'm sure someone will be along to tell you the right way of doing it

    Are you talking about the cable which when pulled raises the engine?

  4. #4
    Status
    Offline
    willeywilson's Avatar
    AOC Fanatic
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    461
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I mean the cable from the accelerator pedal to the engine, think it goes near the throttle body.

  5. #5
    Status
    Offline
    asimsyed24's Avatar
    AOC Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    48
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by willeywilson View Post
    I mean the cable from the accelerator pedal to the engine, think it goes near the throttle body.

    Yes, it does...So u mean to say is, this cable can be adjusted to control the RPM speed??

  6. #6
    Status
    Offline
    willeywilson's Avatar
    AOC Fanatic
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    461
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well basically yes, but there should be a spring mechanism at the engine end of the cable that has a "stopper" on it. there should be a screw in there so that the cable can be pushed further away from the stopper to increase ingine speed or closer to decrease it at idle of course. gimme half an hour i'll have a look online or in the haynes for ya

  7. #7
    Status
    Offline
    asimsyed24's Avatar
    AOC Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    48
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by willeywilson View Post
    well basically yes, but there should be a spring mechanism at the engine end of the cable that has a "stopper" on it. there should be a screw in there so that the cable can be pushed further away from the stopper to increase ingine speed or closer to decrease it at idle of course. gimme half an hour i'll have a look online or in the haynes for ya

    Thanks Mate

    Await your response

  8. #8
    Status
    Offline
    willeywilson's Avatar
    AOC Fanatic
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    461
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    just had a quick look in haynes and it looks different to how i imagined but got to go work now :/ might be able get back on here later. sorry mate

  9. #9
    Status
    Offline
    lee gsi's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Near Portsmouth....... Drives a Signum 1.9 CDTi
    Posts
    17,757
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Can you take a picture of the linkage on the side of the throttle body
    The truth is always the truth even if you haven't realised it yet...

Similar Threads

  1. P0500 (Speed Sensor) - engine won't hold idle speed/stalling
    By nry in forum NA Engines (Non-turbo petrol) inc. Transmissions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 25-06-2013, 13:23
  2. 1.8 VVT Can you get more speed out of this engine
    By wheelie15man in forum NA Engines (Non-turbo petrol) inc. Transmissions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 19-08-2007, 14:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •