Thread: GSi MK4 Front Bumper Stolen!! What are my options for replacement?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

GSi MK4 Front Bumper Stolen!! What are my options for replacement?

Ok, so i woke up this morning to find my front bumper had been ripped off...

Looks like they have just pulled it off, they must have ****ed the bumper to do it 'cuz most of the mounts are still attached.

What are my options for replacement? I'm thinking if i'm gona spend 400-500 quid plus painting for a brand new one i may as well get something aftermarket, thing is i dont want something thats gona smash on speed bumps or if i bottom out. can you get aftermarket bumpers that arnt fiberglass? also, i want something that suits the rest of my standard gsi kit.

Any ideas?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sh*t man i feel for you, the exact same thing happened to me last year, cut the fog light wiring too, basically buggered the whole thing up!
    I bought everything new (Bumper, grills, number plate, fog lights and wiring, air sensor thingy!, and splash guards, paint) and done by a body repair shop and it came to just under £900! So if u can find a 2nd hand one id go for that. Dont buy the cheaper ones as apparently they are a really poor fit.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Was thinking gettin second hand, when you tot everything i'm gona be looking around 400-500 even with a second hand one anyway.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Got one mate.... 300 collected from Luton. its in primer smoothed tow cap. and smoothed number plate holes so it looks better. comes with grilles but no foglights.. PM me if your intrested.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah its a pain in the arse, i was well pissed off when mine happened, i was on holiday at the time too. I stuck a Clifford on it afterwards with all round shock sensors so hopefully it wont happen again.

Another thing to check is your headlights. One of mine was broken when the bumper was ripped off as one of the headlight brackets snapped.

I take it you've told the police and said they have your number plate? You dont want any speeding tickets or petrol steal tickets come through the post!