Thread: heater problem

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

heater problem

i have looked on the main astra sub-forum and have done a search but cannot find the answer to my problem...
    on the temp control for the heater it makes an awfull clicking noise i have managed to get it to stop clicking by slowly turning the knob trouble is it only stops clicking on the cold setting ( shame as if it was hot i wouild leave it till next year) but as it is aproaching winter and the kiddies like it warm i need to get it to stop clicking when on hot hope somone can help cheers
    ........................Zaffy 1.8 16v.........................

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi all just a quick update.....
    after trawling the net and finding out that the clicking noise is coming from a coolant stop valve on the incoming heater matrix pipes..
    so i went to vauxhall to order the part...it has been superceeded with a bypass as they had so many problems with this valve.. cost me 18.50 for the part......
    next step was to try and see if i could fit it my self so i started stripping the center console down... completly removing all trims to gain access to the matrix which is housed in right at the bottom of the heater setup...
    when this is all off u are left with a row of silver clips holding the tray on unclip these and u will need to unscrew two t20 torx screws in the engine bay once this is off... drain the coolant down and unclip the two pushfit clips on the back of the valve set up this all becomes clear when u do it...just make sure u grease the new orings for ease then this can be changed and refitted in reverse bobs ur uncle and fannies ur aunt u r all cdone .....hope this helps anyone if they r contemplating this fix all in all it took mew bout 3 hours and im no mechanic...
    ........................Zaffy 1.8 16v.........................

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Well done on getting it sorted and cheers for the update. as you say, your info could come in handy for someone else