Hello to all,
Well, i've spent a much needed day detailing my car. However, the sun was shining and not the best conditions for cleaning a black car. I have a friend who is a London cabby and swears by a particular polish / wax. He says you can apply in full sunlight. He says it also removes all water marks with no problems. So, i thought i'd give it a go. it's called proshine.
Here is a pic of all products used.
I haven't taken pics during the clean. My neighbours think i'm weird enough due to the time i spend cleaning my astra ( just ask neglected wife and kids )
so, here it is.
1. Engine bay sprayed with chemical guys orange degreaser and left to work.
2. Wheels cleaned with Bilberry and Karcher washer.
3. Engine rinsed with Karcher washer.
4. Car rinsed and then cleaned with Meguiars gold class shampoo and wash mitt. ( including door pillars etc )
5. Car rinsed and dryed.
6. I then tried the new pro shine product. I have to say that it was very hot when i first tried to polish. I usually use meguiars polish but due to the heat it simply didn't want to know. It dried, streaked and would not polish out. The pro shine was excellent. cleaned the water marks and polished beautifully.
Sorry guys, trying to keep up......
Here you go. Engine cleaned with chemical guys orange degreaser and then detailed with 303.
Here's the car after wash and polish.......
Exhaust given a clean with meguiars NXT metal polish. I have to say this stuff is excellent
Finally, wheels cleaned with Bilberry, Ratio 3:1 Polished with pro shine, sealed with poorboys wheel sealant and tyres dressed with chemical guys new look trim gel.