Thread: bonnet release

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

bonnet release

Hi guys, i think my bonnet release cable has broke or has got gammed and i cannot open my bonnet. I have taken the cable out of the handle, the one inside the car and it just will not pull out any further and has got a little bit of play in the cable. Could anyone tell me how to get the bonnet open please without the use of the cable.It is on a zafira gsi 2002 Cheers guys

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well i don't know about zafira's but on the coupe the only way is to rip the grill out and then there is like a plastic cover where the relese is you have to break that then u should be able to see the release and u have to pull it across but as i said thats for the coupe so its worth just having a look to see if there is another way or just wait for more posts...com'on guy him out...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    dont jump in the deep end yet

locate the cable at the handle end and pull it with some pliers or something - personally i left it attached to the handle and wrapped 2 strong cable ties round it - but string should do the trick - give u enough leverage to yank on the cable

if this fails then you can either attack it from below - on ramps if possible - or go in from the front and remove (smash) the grille etc

try getting someone to push (or sit) on the bonnet whilst u pull the cable from inside

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeordieBandit View Post

try getting someone to push (or sit) on the bonnet whilst u pull the cable from inside

That 9 times out 10 works a treat

White is the new Black

FARMYARD TUNING

LEH IS THE FUTURE

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers for the replys guys. I have done it at last, the cable had come out of the spring on the bonnet end so i did have to break the grill but managed to break it so that it broke the lugs in where the screws go in the then got a screw driver on the sring and release it from the chassis and then the bonnet poped up.All i done was put some longer selp taping screws in to the grill. I don't know how it managed to slip out because the end of the cable where it fits on the spring was not worn. Cheers again guys for your help again