Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ecu

hey guys

my ecu isnt sending a pulse to the coilpack yellow/black wire. would this mean my ecu is knackered? as my car has been running on 2 cylinders for a while and trying to get to the bottom of it. is there anything else i could check? i had a egr valve gone a few months back and blanked it, i also thought i had a coilpack gone which i had changed 3 times but never worked. could any of these 2 things effect the ECU if it might think its still faulty maybe? as i was told the egr runs 2 of the cyclinders which are down. I was also thinking about putting my mates ecu (same engine) into my car to see if it works as i dont want to splash out money on a ecu which is alot of money that still doesnt cure the problem. but im not sure if you need to program them to your car? could i do a straight swap?
    if my ECU is down then anyone recommend a cheap place to help me? or somewhere around bristol?

thanks sam

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Near Portsmouth....... Drives a Signum 1.9 CDTi
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The garage I work at use these people: www.bba-reman.com
    The truth is always the truth even if you haven't realised it yet...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If your ECU is faulty try ecu-testing.com, they managed to fix my ECU for me when it went, much cheaper than a new ECU. They can also test your ECU and if it is OK then they just charge a small testing fee.