Thread: Problem with turbo again..oil

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Problem with turbo again..oil

Well ive finaly found where the slight oil leak ive got coming from my turbo....

Ever since it came back from Turbo Technics ive had a oil smell coming through my heaters...

Well i have a look under the car today for a while and ive got a slight weep coming from one of the little bolts that holds the turbo to the manifold.

Well as you guess im sick as i bought the turbo brand new from courtenays and sent it off to tts to get a better bearing put in it..

So can i just run with the turbo like this ive tried to tighten it up but its no good its the little bolt near the oil return line...?

The turbo runs fine boosts great and no smoke.
    Vxr turbo with 360 bearing and twin oils seals & Evoms dv. Cdti airbox 63mm tophat.Milltex cat back and pre cat.. Regal 245 leh phase 1 ipf remap.Whiteline rarb.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhys57 View Post
    Well ive finaly found where the slight oil leak ive got coming from my turbo....

Ever since it came back from Turbo Technics ive had a oil smell coming through my heaters...

Well i have a look under the car today for a while and ive got a slight weep coming from one of the little bolts that holds the turbo to the manifold.

Well as you guess im sick as i bought the turbo brand new from courtenays and sent it off to tts to get a better bearing put in it..

So can i just run with the turbo like this ive tried to tighten it up but its no good its the little bolt near the oil return line...?

The turbo runs fine boosts great and no smoke.

Sorry I cant really offer much advice mate but feel for ya man you dont get much luck with turbos!

Who fitted it after TT uprated it?
    Astra coupe turbo 280bhp-sold
    BMW E60 5 Series M Sport

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rhys i think it might be beacuse you ran the turbo without all the manifold studs

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Give TTS a call see what they say

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think the moral of this story will be if you dont fit the turbo correctly from the off you will get problems.....

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by inmyvain View Post
    I think the moral of this story will be if you dont fit the turbo correctly from the off you will get problems.....

Ive been on to courtenays and they said dont worry about the weep/leak it wont affect the turbo..

Im going to tt a ring.
    Vxr turbo with 360 bearing and twin oils seals & Evoms dv. Cdti airbox 63mm tophat.Milltex cat back and pre cat.. Regal 245 leh phase 1 ipf remap.Whiteline rarb.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i have a similar problem with my vxr unit that was refurbed by TT. i actually sent it back to them, but they said the oil was leaking from the oil return flange and not through where it joins the exhaust manifold. even with the oil return fully sealed i get a smear of oil on the lower turbo-manifold bolt. i cant be arsed taking it off and sending it back to be honest!!

jimbo
    ASTRA MK4 GSI TURBO
    WAS CS3 268bhp & 282lb/ft
    NOW CS4 279bhp & 336lb/ft

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Drives
    Astra 1.8vvt X Pack
    Mentioned in
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesmurray View Post
    i have a similar problem with my vxr unit that was refurbed by TT. i actually sent it back to them, but they said the oil was leaking from the oil return flange and not through where it joins the exhaust manifold. even with the oil return fully sealed i get a smear of oil on the lower turbo-manifold bolt. i cant be arsed taking it off and sending it back to be honest!!

jimbo

Wonder if they thread lock the bolts in like you are supposed to when you rebuild the turbo? could be the cause aff the little leaks you are getting.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    they arent a half arsed company,they have been working on turbos for years

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesmurray View Post

jimbo

Thats how i feel now mate, I dont think ill take it off ill leave it on i think..How long has yours been like this for Jimbo?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast