Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

CDR 500 User Manuals.

Dear All,

I have a Vauxhall Audio Manual (TS 1284-C-97). Probably a bit old. It includes, amongst the various cassette types, the Delco CDR500.
    I am trying to obtain a VDO CDR500 user manual, but they seem harder to get than the proverbial RockingHorse you know what.

As far as I am aware, there are three types of units available, or fitted as st6andard. viz.
    DELCO CDR500, VDO CDR500 and SIEMANS VDO CDR500.

Are they each different? i.e. do they each have there own user manuals?

There have been articles written about the number of digits displayed etc. either 8 or 10 followed by comments, "it's in the user manual". There is nothing in my manual for the DELCO. Is it, therefore, only on non Delco units?

Finally, I have tried, by registering on the "MY Vauxhall" site to access owners manuals, but, frustratingly, unless I did not search correctly, the ones I saw did not include any ICE information.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

CDR500 User Manuals.

Dear All,

Further to my initial post above, I am pleased to report I have, after countless phone calls, obtained an Audio Manual from a main dealer outside my area. He had TWO in stock prior to my order.The reference number for the manual is; TS 1521-5.

I obtained the manual reference number from a friend's manual who has a 2003 Astra sxi, from new, with a VDO CDR500 fitted.

It covers;
    R100/CAR 200, CAR 300, CAR 400 / CCR600, VDO CDR500, CCRT700, NCDR 1100/ NCDR 1500.

PS. There is no mention in this manual of either the DELCO or Siemans CDR 500.

It cost me £8 + £1 postage.
    I hope this helps.