Thread: windscreen wiper issue

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

windscreen wiper issue

i have been having trouble with me wipers on my 54 plate 1.7cdti astra van for a while now,have changed the motor but this did not solvle the problem
    the wipers dont want to end up at the bottom of the screen as they are meant to and they seem to have a mind of their own
    ive now bought a delay relay from vauxhall,but cant seem to see where its meant to go
    ive looked in both relay boxes and it does not look like any of the ones in there
    can anyone help

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had a similar problem with the wipers. When you change the motor you take the wiper arms off and they need to go back on the same way they came off. Try taking the arm off and re-positioning until they stop where they should. It might take a couple of tries but persevere.
    I had the same problem with the relay and had an argument with the vauxhall dealer until one of the mechanics came out to show me where it went and he had to agree it wasn't the one that the spare parts computer shows. It wasn't the relay in the end but the motor.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wiper motor delay relay

I have a similar problem I asked the dealer for a delay relay but it is different to the one in the fuse box near the drivers right knee. Are there some more relays somewhere or is it a Vauxhall problem. I want to cure my intermittent wipers stopping at random places and not returning to the stop position.

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    cjcbr the relays for the wipers are all in the fuse box under the dash
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I also have the same problem, I turn on the wipers and they sometimes just randomly stop in the middle of the windscreen? Has anyone got a picture off the fusebox with the correct relay which needs replacing labeled? This would be a great help...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i had a problem where the wiper dont stop in the proper position and vibrate like mad when they're being used, i changed my wipers for some bosch ones and all seems to be cured!
    Op-Com (Derby), Can travel at extra cost, PM me for details or click HERE

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Is there another relay in the fuse box which can be used to test the front wipers without causing damage???

I can feel the relay click to set the wipers off, then it clicks again when the wipers are right up the window... Does this mean its the realy or the actual motor?

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Fuse and relay diagrams are in a sticky at the top of this forum, no relays are the same in there though as the wiper one
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    just to keep you guys informed about my problem,after the motor i fitted from the scrap yard,then the brand new motor,then the delay relay
    none of these cured the problem,although im sure my vauxhall dealership was happy with the money i spent on the parts.the mechanics in the vauxhall garage had no idea what it was.
    i called a guy i know who is a mobile mechanic who sorted out a few issues with the van when i bought it,also he fitted some of my ice.Anyways when i spoke to him on the phone he was positive he would find the cure of this issue
    the guy,craig his name from complete car solutions took 10 mintues to find the issue and fixed it within another 30
    the main wiring loom to the wiper motor had wires that had somehow coroaded inside and was causing the motor not to work properly.He cut out the wires and re soldered new ones in.problem solved