Thread: does this look any good..

anothadave

does this look any good..

i was considering the jbi intercooler kit for my astra mk4 coupe, but there seems to be a mixed opinion on the quality of the fit. i spotted this alternative intercooler kit on ebay..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ASTRA-G-GSI-FR...d=p3286.c0.m14

i notice that on the right hand side the curve of the pipes doesnt look as sharp as on the jbi kit. but the intercooler is slightly smaller than the jbi one. 56mm core compared to 65mm. im guessing that it also might be slightly easier to install without getting in the way of the fogs..

would the pipework make much of a difference or is it worth just paying the extra £50 for the bigger jbi one?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anothadave View Post
    i was considering the jbi intercooler kit for my astra mk4 coupe, but there seems to be a mixed opinion on the quality of the fit. i spotted this alternative intercooler kit on ebay..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ASTRA-G-GSI-FR...d=p3286.c0.m14

i notice that on the right hand side the curve of the pipes doesnt look as sharp as on the jbi kit. but the intercooler is slightly smaller than the jbi one. 56mm core compared to 65mm. im guessing that it also might be slightly easier to install without getting in the way of the fogs..

would the pipework make much of a difference or is it worth just paying the extra £50 for the bigger jbi one?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
    just go for the jbi mate they have good aftersale service, i found mine a pain to fit all on my own but 2 people can do it fairly easily didhave to cut bumper grille out and took fogs out as didnt want to trim them works wonders though. see if they will swap the 90 deg elbow with map sensor fitting for the vxr setup as i find it gets a bit to hot in the position its sits

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ^^^^^ what karl said. Ive seen his cooler and it looks very well made. JBI know there stuff too, and they design it all on an astra too. I just got a universal one but its the 140mm tall one not 180mm and it was still a bi*ch to fit.

p.s. karl did u sort your plugs??? they looked ok to me
    www.chilled-rc.net For all your RC car/boat/heli/plane needs

anothadave
    yeh i think im leaning towards the jbi one. do they charge extra for having the vxr set up? wheres the sensor on the vxr then?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spidercoupe View Post
    ^^^^^ what karl said. Ive seen his cooler and it looks very well made. JBI know there stuff too, and they design it all on an astra too. I just got a universal one but its the 140mm tall one not 180mm and it was still a bi*ch to fit.

p.s. karl did u sort your plugs??? they looked ok to me
    yea sorted them mate were little bit loose changed the boost pipes around with the map sensor etc now runs sweet cheers

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anothadave View Post
    yeh i think im leaning towards the jbi one. do they charge extra for having the vxr set up? wheres the sensor on the vxr then?
    with the gsi/coupe setup its on a 90 deg pipe that goes aruond the battery and pick up alot of heat fro the turbo, vxr setup is closer to the throttle body just before it bends round to it just take a look on here or google somre vxr engine bays youll see then