Thread: Any body fancy a weekly meet?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Any body fancy a weekly meet?

hello all, this was said about before but i couldnt find the old thread .
    Any way if anybody fancys it we could meet up on wednesday the 30th of september at this place:

http://www.pub-explorer.com/kent/pub...amcourtinn.htm

i was thinking about getting there for 6:30-7 ish as it gets dark early now?? Let me no as i dont wanna sit there like a larry lol

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ohhh i was interested in the last weekly meet, but unfotunatly cant make it, work wednesday evening, have a good one tho
    xXx TiNy T xXx

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i'd be up for this, im free most evenings anyways!

the missus saw you at topnotch tonight, so if you were wondering who the girl was that said hello, then theres your answer! As she rang me up and said she had seen my mate with the 'blue car'!
    Silver SRI-Prodrive'd & BBS'd MoFo! - SOLD
    Currently rolling a 1.7cdti MK5 Estate-turbo poooower!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yea im up for that twould be nice to meet some like-minded people tbh.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.

Status
    The Sticker Queen
    Mentioned in
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Two issues here and I dont want to sound blunt but...

a) I trust you have discussed this with one of the other two existing RO's because this is what we are here for and not only is it good grace to run ideas like this past us before going ahead but also these meets are a representation of the club and we like to have staff present at events and meets where possible.

b) Westerham is 3 days before and is aimed at the whole region. We like to encourage all members to attend the usual meet because otherwise the region becomes fragmented. Westerham is not a million miles from Maidstone so unless you live in deepest darkest Kent, distance should not really be an issue. The Grasshopper was chosen because it is in a reasonably central location for the region and because of the big carpark.

Please come to the main meets because we always like to see new faces and there is normally good banter and a nice meal. We do like to encourage members to mix but please try to work with us rather than branching off into smaller meets.

Cheers
    MINXY BUTLER-HENDERSON

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would like to go to the evening one because i work on a sunday so westerham unfortunately is out of the question.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    me and liam are both coming to westerham on the sunday! I think it would be nice to get to know the more local owners rather than just once a month.

Status
    The Sticker Queen
    Mentioned in
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    That is no problem and I am very pleased to hear that region members want to get to know each other. All I ask is that you please run stuff like this past staff first just because we have guidelines in place and we want to make sure the reputation of the club is upheld.
    MINXY BUTLER-HENDERSON

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yer no worries laura! And myself and liam will uphodd the reputation of the club!

Do we have the thumbs up then?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Minxy View Post
    Two issues here and I dont want to sound blunt but...

a) I trust you have discussed this with one of the other two existing RO's because this is what we are here for and not only is it good grace to run ideas like this past us before going ahead but also these meets are a representation of the club and we like to have staff present at events and meets where possible.

b) Westerham is 3 days before and is aimed at the whole region. We like to encourage all members to attend the usual meet because otherwise the region becomes fragmented. Westerham is not a million miles from Maidstone so unless you live in deepest darkest Kent, distance should not really be an issue. The Grasshopper was chosen because it is in a reasonably central location for the region and because of the big carpark.

Please come to the main meets because we always like to see new faces and there is normally good banter and a nice meal. We do like to encourage members to mix but please try to work with us rather than branching off into smaller meets.

Cheers
    Sorry didnt realise this would be an issue as it was mentioned before and this was never brought up. Like jake said both of us will be attending the meet on sunday.
    It was just an idea to meet up and get to know other 'astra people' in maidstone instead of seeing them once a month.

really sorry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast