Thread: Can the Vauxhall bluetooth be fitted aftermarket?

Status
    couldn't care less!
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Can the Vauxhall bluetooth be fitted aftermarket?

As above.

Iv looked into the Autoleads SOT-122 and im not overly keen on having to cut an ignition lead into the car with the keyless start.

So can the bluetooth from Vauxhall be fitted as an aftermarket option. Is it a smiliar case to the Cruise control (put the right bits in and turn it on via tech 2).

I can only think of the bluetooth box and microphone. Then turn it all on (i hope).

Iv got the climate control screen in the car which is very similar to the bluetooth one i think.

Any help much appreciated peeps.

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Cutting in a ignition live is easy, just go down to the accessory socket and take the feed there

I believe the factory bluetooth can be fitted as long as the wirings in place which is between the clocks and center console I believe
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    couldn't care less!
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Autosparks View Post
    Cutting in a ignition live is easy, just go down to the accessory socket and take the feed there

I believe the factory bluetooth can be fitted as long as the wirings in place which is between the clocks and center console I believe
    Doesnt cutting the wiring invalidate my warranty though?

Also id rather go for the factory option as it's a lot neater. Are garages willing to put it in do you know?

Any idea on cost?

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    I can understand the neater option mate but as long as it's done right there's no reason why your warranty would be void. We have vauxhall send their cars to use for bluetooth phone kits and i've done a berg with the button start. Worse case in taping onto the wire is that you blow a fuse

No idea if garages are willing to do the factory option or how much it costs

Excuse the link to another forum, I was sure i'd seen something mentioned about it http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...tory+bluetooth
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    couldn't care less!
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Autosparks View Post
    I can understand the neater option mate but as long as it's done right there's no reason why your warranty would be void. We have vauxhall send their cars to use for bluetooth phone kits and i've done a berg with the button start. Worse case in taping onto the wire is that you blow a fuse

No idea if garages are willing to do the factory option or how much it costs

Excuse the link to another forum, I was sure i'd seen something mentioned about it http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...tory+bluetooth
    Thanks for that. I assume turning it on with tech 2 shouldnt be too hard.

Other question. What screen do I have? Its got the climate control display on there if that makes a difference.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, can I offer a bit of advice - the factory fit system is crap, the only good thing about it is you get the phone book (if your phone is one of the handful that work with it) on the main screen. Save your money and stick in something decent like the nokia advanced bt car kit, its far better sound quality. I have both in my car and people cant hear me talk to them on the vaux one.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'd go for Parrot Kit rather than the factory option.
    Don't need to cut any wires. They is an ignition live wire usually taped to the accessory socket. Like autosparks said earlier.

I used that wire to hard wire my Satnav in to my Astra.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveDempsey View Post
    Hey atleast MOTing your car should be a lot simpler than MOTing your EX. Replacing a worn out bush on a car is far easier.