Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Thumbs Up Vag Opel Blog

MORNING!

Well it was morning a few hours ago when we (MatG, DaveCoupe and redhotpanther) left Birmingham at 5am. It wasnt the best start to a Euro road trip with a very sleepy bear (AKA Redhotpanther) managing to scrap his car in the first 30cm of driving Yep Bear caught his front bumper on the low wall onmy drive .... gutted!

Pic of damage:

Moving on!

We have met up with West Brom Customs AKA Brett and Shaun this morning and are on route to the tunnel to meet Clokey, Hayley, Mr LMF - Steve Crook and Dannysport, currently navigating the M25 with a 40mph WTF? its 7am on a Saturday with no bloody traffic

Checking out for now.....

P.S DaveCoupes car fresh from Plush Automotive yesterday is stunning! Just a teaser

Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry to hear that it's got off on a low point, best of luck with the rest of the journey ... have fun, look forward to reading the rest of the blog.

Status
    Bit busy... be back soon!
    Drives
    Astra Coupe 2.2
    Mentioned in
    133 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Follow AndyH On Twitter Add AndyH on Facebook Add AndyH on Google+
    Oops

Quick emergency repair tip if it won't t-cut out - stop off at a Halfords and get some wet and dry and a spraycan. Sand back a little so it's a bit smoother, then using a bit of cardboard to mask the unaffected bit above the scuff (an AOC flyer is ideal), a couple of very quick passes with the rattlecan should hide it sufficiently until you can get it addressed properly when you get back

Mind you, you're probably nearly there by now ain't you? Ahh well, have fun guys
    Actively proving that post counts mean jack sh*t since 1971

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Bonjour!

We are now in France on route to Belgium

As always nothing is straight forward in the world of AOC road trips Winding back a few hours we met up with Steve and Danny on the M20 on route to the meeting point, we say met up what we actually saw was a red blur of a red corsa C with 350bhp screaming past

Got to the meeting point and found Mike (clokey) and Hayley, did the hellos, topped up with fuel, had a look around Daves interior which is stunning! Pics:

Found enough time whilst the Bear was in the garage to apply some stickers

So we are now following the bear

FIRST BREAK DOWN OF THE TRIP - lets hope its the last. It was shaun in the Mk2 astra with a sticky alternator, Brett pushed and the car started with no issues, although I am not sure on the status of Brett as he informed us "I'm built for lovin not pushin"

Now the slight **** up was on my behalf booking Steves tunnel time for the one before us, which is cool as they are every half hour. The following **** up was a group thing, we missed our train Whilst consuming the most expensive Breakfast in the UK we missed the calls (well heard them but thought "it will be ok" - Typical English!). We did get to see some nice machinery in the car park though

Train issues aside we got the next one and arrived in France behind Steve and Danny.

A Call from Lee (linea rossa), cheers mate Means are next rendezvous (check out the lingo! ) is Oostende in Belgium for some lunch and sight seeing with the full group of Tunnel and ferry people

Next update will be early evening

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Add d dave on Facebook
    Good to see the trips going well cant wait for the next update
    Scottish Member? Have a peep at our Region For tints or wraps Click Here!!

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    excellent blog Matthew, wish I could have made it though ah well, next year perhaps.

Dave's interior is pretty nice too
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Keep the updates comming mat
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nice blog so far Mat. Really really dissapointed that I could not make this due to being in Germany still.

Look forward to the next installment...... or should I say we look forward to the next installment as a few work colluegues are reading this as well.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Sticky starter lol

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    The equation:

AOC members + road trip + Europe + two groups = Chaos!

AOC has arrived in Belgium but it was by know means slick! The channel tunnel crossing group got split up, the ferry group got split up and it turned into chaos

But never fear where there is a McDonalds the car modifiy will sniff it out and find each other After a mass distribution of us all over france and Belgium we all meet in Oostande Food fill up and drink, quick hellos and we were on route to our final destination Aalst.

As its a road trip there has to be the moving shots....... so the players:

and the contender Awesome sound from this when he floored it

Just to keep us entertained Brett proved the hummour

We are now at the hotel, chilling and preparing for the enslaught that tonight will bring, more tomorrow if my body and head allows.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast