Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

Omega auto dimming mirror help required

Afternoon,

A little help is needed please. I'm just about to retrofit an Omega auto dimming mirror to my Astra G.

The only connector I can really see in the head lining is the connector that turns the loom of Brown, Grey and Red/White into a flat ribbon cable. This connector can only just reach the interior light opening with very little room to solder, cut or crimp.

Any ideas of how best to proceed i.e. making a patch lead and connecting it into the loom?

Thanks guys
    Whiteline RARB & Strut Brace with Eibach Pro, Bilstein B4s & RnD Droplinks - FARB Powerflex'd

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Drop the front on the headlining by removing the side pillars and the sun visors this will allow you to be able to see and remove some of the studs holding the wiring loom to the roof so you would be able to solder on a plug for the mirror
    You Might Be Able To Piss Over Me But I'm Not Going To Roll Over And Lick My Lips While You Do It

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Cheers Enigma ???

I'm just off to the how-to's to see how this can be done. I should imagine that the sun visors are self-explanatory but the pillars I need to check.

Thanks
    Whiteline RARB & Strut Brace with Eibach Pro, Bilstein B4s & RnD Droplinks - FARB Powerflex'd

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Ok, I've had a little search but can't find any info on how-to drop the head lining. Any pointers would be very much appreciated as I plan to do this tomorrow morning.

Thanks....

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Get the top edge of the pillar and slowly pull towards yourself while working your hands down it to keep flexing to a minimum, once it is free of the A pillar pull the trim upwards out of the dash reverse for refit HTH
    You Might Be Able To Piss Over Me But I'm Not Going To Roll Over And Lick My Lips While You Do It

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Once you have the a-pillar trims off, remove the sunvisor & clip (either a screw in both, or screw in the visor & small pin to remove on the clip)
    Once these are off you can gently pull down the front of the headlining & should be able to get at the cable that way.
    2003 Sapphire Black 3Dr DTi Astra
    Custom Irmscher kit, Interior Leather/Alcantara retrim & Alpine/Focal Install
    Install progress (----------)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SQ Man View Post
    Once you have the a-pillar trims off, remove the sunvisor & clip (either a screw in both, or screw in the visor & small pin to remove on the clip)
    Once these are off you can gently pull down the front of the headlining & should be able to get at the cable that way.
    Having trouble with Sun visors. Unscrewed (only one torx) but tight in. Any tips?

Going to run the reverse wire whilst here

Cheers

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Have a look at this thread in the Zafira section, shows the clips removed, might be of help.
    2003 Sapphire Black 3Dr DTi Astra
    Custom Irmscher kit, Interior Leather/Alcantara retrim & Alpine/Focal Install
    Install progress (----------)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SQ Man View Post
    Have a look at this thread in the Zafira section, shows the clips removed, might be of help.
    Cheers SQ Man,

You've been a real help. I managed to do it without removing sun visors as they just seemed to hard (as I haven't got the two screw version) . I have dropped the reverse wire down aswell, to be completed at a later stage.

I ended up using insulated spade connectors with fly leads breaking out to a 4 pin HDD molex plug, ready to connect to the mirror molex prepared last night. I'll connect up this evening and test (at dusk) .

Thanks again SQ Man, and Enigma ???

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    could you tell me which connectins you made if yours works ok i have this version of the omega mirror

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...T#ht_634wt_939

altho i have different wires in my roof

brown x2
    red x2
    black/white trace
    black /blue
    red / yellow

with greay and red/white going to the light itself

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast