Thread: Section 59

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question Section 59

Last night i was out with friends and we were all cruising down to southampton city center, the road we were on is a double laned 30mph road! for anone that cares it the one where you come down from bitterne! Anyway there a speed camera there and i put my car in to second and cruised past at 25mph, once i passed it i floored it! now i know i was stupid etc anyway 1/2 mile down the road im pulled over!
    after numerous checks the policeman says he not giving me a speeding ticket but is giving me a section 59! i agree and then he goes back to the car and then comes back and says i have already had a section 59????????

i have owned the car for a while and have never recieved a section 59!
    so they impounded my car and now want £280 to get it out and £18 a day storage and i dont get paid till 28th

is there a way i can prove i never had a section 59 before??

yes i was stupid for accelarating rapidly after the camera and as far as im concerned weve all done little stupid things like this before! im not here to get haha serves ya right etc i just need a decent bit of advicve about the section 59 i never got lol

if ya cant say something constructive please refrain from posting!
    ONLY DRIVE AS FAST AS YOUR ANGELS CAN FLY

Status
    South Central RO
    Mentioned in
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    What is a section 59 ?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    dunno tbh i think it like something ya get for being anti - social with ya car??? either way they are crock of $hit!! lol i think either the person who had the car before me has got one before or someone given my name when caught before or summit!!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have one of these!! lol How long have you owned the car?

They are given when driving without due care and attention / causing concern which may scare other drivers etc. etc......

Now i know when you are given one they have to give you a piece of A4 paper which has the Section 59 information on, it has your name, your car details and reg and what a section 59 is, what they can do if they catch you driving like a t**t!

Now i know they can be saved to the car and even if the car is sold in it can still be there, which is why i ask how long have you had it?

Although the previous owner SHOULD inform you of this! If you haven't got a section 59 then i would go into the police station and ask them at what time and date did you recieve one as it will be logged on a police computer!

Section 59's arent just saved to the car but to the name of the driver too, so you could be driving someone elses car and get that taken of you if you have a section 59!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Section 59 Police Reform Act 2002 states that -

Where an officer has reasonable grounds for believing that a motor vehicle is being used in a manner which contravenes Road Traffic Act Section 3 (Careless Driving) OR Section 34 (Driving elsewhere than on a road) AND also the manner of use of the vehicle is causing or has been causing or is likely to cause, alarm distress or annoyance to members of the public, Section 59 can be used to:-
    initially give a written warning (valid for twelve months)
    (commonly called a Section 59 Notice)
    and on a subsequent occasion to seize the vehicle.
    (it will probably end up in the crusher, or may be ransomed back to the owner)
    A constable in uniform has the power to order the person driving to stop the vehicle, to seize and remove the vehicle, to enter any premises on which the officer has reasonable grounds for believing the motor vehicle to be and to use reasonable force. Seizure can made only if a warning has been given, or believed to have been given, or if a warning is clearly being ignored.
    So, usually it's a two-stage process - a warning or notice first, seizure if you persist or repeat.
    Fastest, Most Powerful & Only Mag Featured Astra In The AOC Cumbrian Region

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ive had it about 6months now! so i should go there with the logbook which says when i was the new registered keeper and ask if the last section 59 was before i took ownership of the car?? if so will they give me my car back for free???

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Im not sure but thats what i would be doing!!!!!!!

Heres my logbook, iv owned it 6 months, when was the section 59 issued (if it was before i took ownership), i would like my car back FOC and i wont seek a solicitors help for wrongful removal of my car and invonveinience caused to myself, they may want to issue with a section 59 but as long as you dont have to pay for the car!

Then if they start saying no, say ok thats fine and call a free solicitor whilst there infront of you and tell them and they will tell you where you stand over the phone.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Moral of the story - don't drive like a tit.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by willbaroo View Post
    Moral of the story - don't drive like a tit.
    heres one for you! learn to read! (bottom of first post) many thaks!

Status
    "Female"
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Im sure section 59 is issued to the car, the driver at the time is made aware but its the car that carries the tag, therefore if you are caught driving a car or buy a car with a section 59 already made aware to police, and you get stopped and issued with another, they can seize the car and it is pretty much tough pooh! Jx

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast