Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

oil breather/ catch tank fitting/good idea /bad idea

hi all
    i have been having trouble with the smell of oil in the cab of my zafira gsi i had bought a oil catch tank to try and solve this problem. i had just a filter on the breather before,

please could any one tell me how to fit these, its got a in let and a out let i understand that the in goes on the breather pipe but where does the other pipe outlet go . some say its to the atmosphere some say to put the filter on the outlet .
    please help

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dalehawkins View Post
    hi all
    i have been having trouble with the smell of oil in the cab of my zafira gsi i had bought a oil catch tank to try and solve this problem. i had just a filter on the breather before,

please could any one tell me how to fit these, its got a in let and a out let i understand that the in goes on the breather pipe but where does the other pipe outlet go . some say its to the atmosphere some say to put the filter on the outlet .
    please help
    Hi m8,
    Standard the breather is plumbed in from the crossover pipe to the airflow pipe between airfilter and turbo (and after the AFM).

In 1.9CDTi airbox conversions many just put a breather filter on the breather pipe, some plumb it into the lower half of the airbox and some plumb it in as standard (like me - i did but a Courtenay 1.9 CDTi conversion pipe for this).

I didn't like the idea of the breather pipe only having a filter on the end.

On having an oil catch tank you's just plumb it back in to the system (camcover to catch tank to inlet pipe befor turbo). You could try just using a filter on the end and see if the oil smell goes...

HTH
    If she's not sticking her fingernails into the roof lining and digging her stilettos into the dash then you ain't going fast enough!!!