Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Price on a new keyfob? Or price on key tune?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Price on a new keyfob? Or price on key tune?

Looking at getting a new key since i only have one and its not working the central locking (yeah i know i tried to resync too many times) anyway rough price on a new key for an 04 astra g

Also how much would vaux charge to (if they could) program a new key to work the central locking (just central locking no imobiliser)?

It worked for a while when i had an alarm wired up to it that was wired into the car's central locking but after i installed a new battery it seems it doesnt want to work anymore and it could be that the alarm was blown since i left someone other than me alone to re-atatch it (tho it still chirps and seems wired up fine now it doesnt work) Any help?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Someone must know the price on this? Or be able to help with another solution?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Circa £35 iirc, I recently bought a new one. Thats for the "internals" then £30 ish for 30 mins labour to program the key to the car. Also, if you don't have the car pass, that costs £30 again. So all in around £100.

Before you buy a new key, have you checked to see if the battery holder inside the key has broken off on one of the contacts, that would stop it from working....

HTH
    Astra GSi 03 in Arden Blue

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Alternatively get a fob from fleabay and a blank key if required, then find someone local on here with Op-Com, they can program the fob regardless or the immobiliser also if you have the car pass...

Lots cheaper, sure a pint or 2 would cover it...
    N.b. any opinitons expressed above should be ignored and considered 'ramblings', under no circumstances should they be relied upon...

Status
    AOC Regular
    Drives
    Astra H 1.8 SRi
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    can someone tell me what this car pass is all about?? how do you know if you have it??

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pitkin2020 View Post
    can someone tell me what this car pass is all about?? how do you know if you have it??
    It's a credit card sized piece of card with various security details for your car printed on it.
    It contains things like VIN/chassis number, security/pass code for original head unit, immobiliser chip code for keys, etc.
    It originally would have been included with the owners handbook.
    You can get a replacement ordered up through a dealers parts department, for a fee.
    2003 Sapphire Black 3Dr DTi Astra
    Custom Irmscher kit, Interior Leather/Alcantara retrim & Alpine/Focal Install
    Install progress (----------)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    before forking out, as someone has already mentioned, have you checked that the battery holder is still atached to the PCB, if not a piece of card folded and placed in the other side of the fob, should hold it in the right place once its put abck together, then try syncing it.

hope its just that
    Vectra GSi SeatsHella Headlights
    17" alloysPiper 3" rolled exhaust
    GSi Bumper & skirts
    Dropped on Coilovers

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fourteenhundred View Post
    before forking out, as someone has already mentioned, have you checked that the battery holder is still atached to the PCB, if not a piece of card folded and placed in the other side of the fob, should hold it in the right place once its put abck together, then try syncing it.

hope its just that

Yup tried that and i have the key with no light

So forgive me for asking this again but how much for a working key with central locking and imobiliser?

And how much to code in a new set of keys if i go to the scrapyard and buy the full lock set?

I only have one key and its driving me nuts not having central locking (kids shopping and disaibled people have to wait til i open the doors )

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    GASTRA check on ebay.. i have come across these fobs and did get one myself so the wife can have a set as well.. easy £8.00 for the fob.. take it to key cutter wi your key, put battery in and put in ignition setting 2..press central locking and job done should only cost £12.00 mabey at most.. hope you get it fixed.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by turbodfocus View Post
    GASTRA check on ebay.. i have come across these fobs and did get one myself so the wife can have a set as well.. easy £8.00 for the fob.. take it to key cutter wi your key, put battery in and put in ignition setting 2..press central locking and job done should only cost £12.00 mabey at most.. hope you get it fixed.
    how the hell did that work for you?

the key has a chip in it that needs coding, so just synching it with the ignition would only work if the code was right!

Gastra.. someone has already given you your answer, around 90quid.
    Vectra GSi SeatsHella Headlights
    17" alloysPiper 3" rolled exhaust
    GSi Bumper & skirts
    Dropped on Coilovers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast