Thread: bit of advice needed

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

bit of advice needed

well i gave my car a good clean at the weekend.
    i also bought the clay kit (meguiars) from halfords, i can say i really am impressed with the results as its something i have never ever done before

on a few areas though i still have some 'marks' left on what the clay would not pick up, should i get another kind of clay, or just keep washing and claying?

this weekend, im also looking to go abit further with my cleaning, what would be the next stage after claying, waxing then polishing?

i dont want to go spending loads but could someone advise me on which to use. something mid range price wise and something suitable for a n00b. and also something to apply it with

sorry for the ramble.

thanks
    Hey Dick,whats in for the Big Brain Quiz tonight? Certainly Gents, thats 200 quid. WHAT! each! DOUBLE WHAT! Thats abit steep isnt it...? steep...its f-ing verticle!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi Ryan, just so you know, you don't need to clay the car very often, I'd say once every few months, or just feel the paintwork after a good wash to see if you can feel any ingrained dirt, if not, then just leave it for a while longer. I clayed my car around 2 months ago and its still pretty clean.

After you've clayed the paintwork, the next step is to use a light polish such as Autglym Super Resin Polish, that's the one everyone swears by and is decently priced. Once you've polished the paintwork, you need to add a layer of protection in the form of Wax. Buying a good wax for your car can be a more tricky affair. You need to find out which brands work best with the colour of your car the get the best results. My car is sapphire black and I've been using Megs NXT tech 2.0 stuff for a few months now and it gives very good results and last a few weeks at least as well. HTH

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The world of cleaning your car can be a nightmare mate there loads of stuff you can use i use Harly wax as it easy to take off.

I get most my stuff from

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/

Good service.
    Vxr turbo with 360 bearing and twin oils seals & Evoms dv. Cdti airbox 63mm tophat.Milltex cat back and pre cat.. Regal 245 leh phase 1 ipf remap.Whiteline rarb.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks for the advice guys.

had a look at cleanyourcar and also the sticky on here...

i have choosen a few but not quite sure...

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sealan.../prod_356.html

or

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polish.../prod_352.html

and this is the wax i have in mind

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/po...x/prod_80.html

would these be suitable?

and what should i apply them with? ive looked at the choice and now even more confused lol.

thanks
    Hey Dick,whats in for the Big Brain Quiz tonight? Certainly Gents, thats 200 quid. WHAT! each! DOUBLE WHAT! Thats abit steep isnt it...? steep...its f-ing verticle!

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Apply with foam applicators and buff of with microfibre towels.

For star silver, I'd recommend ClearKote white moose glaze instead of carlack.

Poorboys Natty's wax is good (The red is very good on silver if you can get it), but if it were my money I'd be spending out a bit more for some Zaino Z2Pro
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks for the advice gaz.

i dont mind spending the extra cash on the zaino but it says out of stock at the mo at cleanyourcar, think i will have a drive up and see the guy.

i wil post some piccys up after my first 'proper' detailing session.

hoping the weather holds out!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan-AstraG View Post
    thanks for the advice gaz.

i dont mind spending the extra cash on the zaino but it says out of stock at the mo at cleanyourcar, think i will have a drive up and see the guy.

i wil post some piccys up after my first 'proper' detailing session.

hoping the weather holds out!
    Sometimes for the odd item (that is out of stock on CYC), you can get it cheaper incl p&p from ebay etc.

When i placed my last order, Megs Endurance Tire Gel was out of stock on CYC...so i ordered it cheaper off ebay as an individual item.
    Another item I ordered cheaper individually off ebay was Poorboys NLD.
    CYC is good for big orders though. They have nice customer service.