Thread: Machine Polishing/Spraying interior

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Machine Polishing/Spraying interior

Im thinking of getting some sort of machine polisher to use on my mk4. Its paint code is z282, polar sea blue. Is there anything i should know, ive studied the technique etc, i know you can burn the paintwork so ima be careful. The cars 10 years old and the paint work aint bad tbh, jsut a hell of alot of swirls i wanna remove.

Im going to clean the car, clay it all over, then clean it again, then machine polish it, and finally wax it. Is this the right order to do things?

Second thing, i want to spray my centre colsole, again, never sprayed anything before, jsut street walls

I have plastic primer, i like the silver, but deep down i know i want it to be a deep blue colour with a gloss lacquer lol. Was also going to spray right down to the handbrake, (all the plastic trim i mean). Are all the pieces fairly easy to remove, i will just follow the how toos.

Any opinions or advice wud be fantastic.

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thats the right order to do it. If you buy a DA polisher you should be pretty safe, I have used mine a few times now and not had any problems with it.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    With the plastic painting, all i'd say from my own experience is make sure the plastic is clean, make sure the room temp isn't too cold, or too damp in the air.
    Don't go crazy with the thickness of the spray trying to cut time off your job either.

Do this & it'll save you a lot of beginners frustration.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yer i know more thin coats are better than one or 2 thick ones, im just debating with the colour.

I bought off ebay what i thought was a silver centre console last week, it arrived today, it wasnt silver, it was white with multi coloured glitter in it. Its the most god awful thing, ill put a picture up to show you, its fantastic.